Good customer service news (for a change)

mheckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Thanks to all of the pricing discussions here (notably the "Echostar pricing calculator" and "post your bill" threads), I realized last summer that I was paying a $7 "leased receiver fee" on my FIRST (and at that time only) receiver, and had been for just over 2 years. I've since added a second receiver, and since then had two receiver fees on the bill.

After having no success with a CSR chat (who promised to hand it off to the "promotional management team" - never heard a thing) and two separate e-mails through the "Contact Us" page on the website, I finally fired off a note last week to ceo@echostar.com.

Well, that finally got someone's attention. I received an apologetic e-mail last night, and this morning, a credit for 25 months' worth of that fee appeared on my account.

So thanks to SatelliteGuys for the good information, and a tip of the hat to Dish for (eventually) making things right.

That is good news for you. Imagine the customers that are more than likely paying the same charge but don't even know it and may never know. I think it should be a crime that a company is overcharging a customer for a service and unless the customer is knowledgeable enough to figure it out they continue to bill them for god knows how long. I wonder how many people are still paying 10$ extra for platinum and 10$ HD fee....

I had them charge a $7 fee on my account for my 722 and got them to waive it for a certain period of time. I believe they were charging me that charge on the first receiver as well. I REFUSE TO PAY A LEASE FEE ON THE FIRST RECEIVER ON MY ACCOUNT!!! Directv don't charge like that do they? I considered that pure greed. I had a talk with them and asked them about that lease fee and thought that my programming paid the cost of the first reciever and they said nope, you got a lease fee on the first receiver on your account. I will ship that baby back QUICK and switch providers when they start charging that fee to me again. No way am I paying $7 lease fee on first receiver then $17 for the second receiver. STUPID DISH STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!

My cable provider has done it to me more than once. Double charged for a receiver and charged rental fees for a modem than I purchased.

Got credit for both, but you always need to check your bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)