Good customer service

soonerman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I know this hardly ever happens, but I wanted to compliment Dish Network for their customer service.

I recently cancelled my account with Dish Network. They advised they would send boxes for me to return my recievers and LNB. I didn't receive the boxes in the time frame they advised, but called and they made a note of this. After my call, I received the boxes in two more days.

The directions on what to send back were detailed and thorough. I dropped the boxes with my receivers at the UPS store and got a tracking number just in case. I checked UPS last Friday and it showed the boxes were received.

Today, I called Dish Network just to confirm they received. I had heard so many horror stories, I was quite nervous. They advised they had received everything and that it was noted on my account. I advised the representative they billed me for January 21-February 23 even though I cancelled on January 9. He advised they usually bill in advance, but would double check.

He came back on the line and advised that bill was in error and he made a note and to not worry about sending in payment. He gave me a confirmation code and told me to keep it for my records. I asked if there would be any further billing issues. He advised everything was complete and my account is now closed. He thanked me for the call and was very courteous and told me to contact Dish Network if I every want to switch providers.

There is just so much negative posted from people, I wanted to take the time to post a positive experience.

Good customer service in some respects. Bad that until you complained, they didn't send the boxes that they should have, and didn't credit your bill for service that you didn't receive.

Yeah, people tend to come here to complain, but I personally believe there are a LOT of people that have good experiences, but don't say anything about it. That's kind of the same with everything, you know? How often do you see people talking to a manager of a store, or some place, to compliment the service they receive?

I, for one, am with Dish BECAUSE of the good customer service and NOT with Direct, because of the BAD customer service I received with them. Well...actually, their customer service (or lack thereof with Dish) is what got me here, the quality of the picture and channels, etc, is what's keeping me!

it doesnt take 2 days to get the boxes, it "should be" 7 - 10 days (working days), i had seem some customers not get it even 30 days.. they were not charged for the equipment tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts