Tech question

reallyniceguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
thorton, co
hmmm ok i used to work there and wow.. information gets forgotten easy..

anywho my dad knocked the dish to the side with a ladder.. so there I go in the night to gorealight it ... ugh..

I got sat 119 t19 at 50%

sat 110 t 21 @ 45%

is that ok for a dish 500?

should I aim for 80% and up? I got no signal interruptions, there is an overcast tho and its dark outside.. alot o dark cloouds, would u guys suggest i repoint to get more strenght? again my channels work fine and all.. but not sure if ill be having "weather outages" due to poor aligning ?

i got a 625 and a 311 connected to a d500 with a dp34 switch
my service uses birds 119 and 110.

Check signal strength on Transponder 11 for both birds.
Just slightly loosen the two mast nuts and swing dish left or right slightly and adjust. Best done with a sat. meter, but a cell phone to an assistant inside will work fine.

fred

The signal strength is not a percentage. Many of the receivers now have new software which changed the signal strength. The gauge now will read about 30 points lower than the old software did. Keep this in mind when peaking the dish, your numbers may not be that off.

Are those numbers on the 625 with the new meter, or the 311 with the old meter? Even on the new meter, they are pretty low. Wait till it is a clear day and do it again. On the 311 you should have 119 tp 11 at 115 or better.