Good customer support experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snissen

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2006
southern MN
I see so many horror stories here about customer support problems, I thought I'd relate a different experience.

I called Dish tonight to ask for three operations on my simple account. I got an American CSR named Crystal; she noted my list of three items, and led me through them one by one. At each step, she confirmed that the system had accepted her work and that the changes appeared as desired. (I really like that validation step.) She didn't challenge any of the things I was asking for, and was never confused (or wrong) about what I wanted or what Dish offers.

Then, at the end, she explained exactly what changes I would see and when. The whole process took less than 10 minutes, even though she had to wait on the computer several times.

The whole time she was clear, pleasant, polite, and knew exactly what she was doing. I can't imagine anything that would have made the support experience better.

Now, we'll see if there are any problems in fulfilling my requests. But I can't fault the CSR phone call in any way. Thanks, Crystal and Dish! Sande

Yeah, I've called Dish maybe 3 or 4 times in the last two years, and every time they've been great. Once I got someone offshore, and all the other times they were clearly from the U.S., but all were helpful and efficient.

Not a fanboy, but damn, reading this forum would scare anyone away from Dish so I think a little balance is helpful.

I had a dish relocate on Monday. The signal was weak. Called on Wednesday. Next morning at 7:45 am, another (better) tech came and re-aligned. I'm happy.

I'm at 50/50 on good/bad calls. Worst was on hold for over an hour (sprinkled throughout the call) and still they never confirmed that I wouldn't be billed for a returned receiver. Best was calling the 800 number right after work, speaking to a guy fluent in English and having the HD locals activated within 5 minutes of calling on a 2 minute long phone call! (March Madness on HD DVR is the way to go)

I know it is unpopular for me to post it, but I have been a Dish subscriber for two years and would not think of changing. The issues I have had during my relationship with Dish have been inconsequential at worst.

BTW, before someone accuses me of such, I am not an employee of Dish, and neither are my family members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)