Why so many DN threads compared to DTV?

diamondhead

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
First of all, hello everyone! New guy here with my very first post!

I will become a regular (you'll be sorry...:D) poster and contributor as time goes on. SO MUCH information to absorb and so many thoughtful and knowledgeable members of SatGuys. I am a total noob at DBS, but I am putting in "study" time to bring myself up to speed.

I just very recently became a Dish Network independent affiliate after they took over AllSat's operation. Funny thing is, I never sold one subscription while with AllSat. In the past week and a half, I have already sold 7 subscriptions for DN! I love it, it's an awesome feeling...

So to flesh out my post title; if DirecTV has a few million more subscribers than Dish Network, why are there so many more threads devoted to DN? This is true of course, in the OTHER major DBS forum as well as most of the other satellite forums.

Before I get scorched, yes, I did a Search, with non-satisfactory results.

I believe that Dish is more loose lipped about what is upcoming, whereas Direct is tight lipped. You never hear many rumors about what is happening at Direct therefore there is not much to talk about. Dish has Charlie chats, Tech chats, retailers chats, yearly meetings. Scott get in on all these happenings and brings back information. He also hears more through his sources at Dish and passes some of it along. So, more to talk about(or bitch about), means more threads.

which is funny because there always seems to be a thread by someone bitching that Dish never says when things are coming out and we are finding out after the fact...

it's very simple. there are way more dish members on this site than directv members. :)

First of all, hello everyone! New guy here with my very first post!

I will become a regular (you'll be sorry...:D) poster and contributor as time goes on. SO MUCH information to absorb and so many thoughtful and knowledgeable members of SatGuys. I am a total noob at DBS, but I am putting in "study" time to bring myself up to speed.

I just very recently became a Dish Network independent affiliate after they took over AllSat's operation. Funny thing is, I never sold one subscription while with AllSat. In the past week and a half, I have already sold 7 subscriptions for DN! I love it, it's an awesome feeling...

So to flesh out my post title; if DirecTV has a few million more subscribers than Dish Network, why are there so many more threads devoted to DN? This is true of course, in the OTHER major DBS forum as well as most of the other satellite forums.

Before I get scorched, yes, I did a Search, with non-satisfactory results.
Welcome and enjoy the site.

Answer:

Human Nature.

It is human nature to complain.

And Dish right now is giving 'human nature' plenty to work with in that department.

;)

Or are you sorry that you ask?

:rolleyes:
nahhh, a little heat keeps one on one's toes...

I just made 2 more sales this morning!!! Yeah!