Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I called Directv last night to see what deal I could get in the Genie. I was told nothing it would be $299.99 plus $49.00 for the install fee. So I asked how much would it be to cancel, so they sent me to that department.

First they said I'm under contract until February of 2014. I said how when I signed up in August of 2011. Turns out when a Tech came out and replaced the receiver went in as an upgrade not a swap. So after getting that fixed she told me shed give me HR24 for free. I said what about the genie? She said I can't give you that for free.

She said if you really want the Genie I'll pay $240.00 of the cost. So I can get it for $59.99 and install for $49.00.

I think it's stupid a have to pay to have it installed when the company that hooked me up already hooked the room up that I want to add to my account.

Is this price a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

considering they haven't given in with some other members i know and are willing to make a deal at $110 i say take it. many existing customers have had to pay at least $249

email the office of the president.
they got me mine free with $49 install

Anything $100 or less is a heckuva deal. I had been with D* for 2 years when I got my HR34

It also depends on how many credits you have received too

I say go for it andrew and it is a good deal and close to deal I got but your was better :)

retention

when you call in say cancel then cancel again at the auto system. You'll get retention then

I'd call and try again. I haven't had new equipment in 4 years. The first offer for a genie was 49.99 plus 49.99 for install. I said no thanks and called back and got the Genie for the price of install of 49.99.

That's the reason the Hopper is available for free. Many Dish customers being charged to upgrade to the Hopper are also finding that the Genie for free is a nice option. I know it doesn't sound very loyal so if it goes against your grain that's cool.

I called in and still will only give me the Genie for $59 plus $49 install.

Very nicely asked if I could get any discounts on programming.

She came back and said free DVR for 12 months, $15.00 off for 12 months, Free Whole home for 3 months and $5.00 off for 3 months

Bill would be $72.98 ($78.98 if I add Genie) for 3 month

Then it would go up to $80.98 (86.98 if I add Genie) for months 4-12.

When I signed up My credits were only $31.00 so now my credit will be only $8.00 difference.

I think this is a good deal, but still working on my wife to let me.

I called in and still will only give me the Genie for $59 plus $49 install.

Very nicely asked if I could get any discounts on programming.

She came back and said free DVR for 12 months, $15.00 off for 12 months, Free Whole home for 3 months and $5.00 off for 3 months

Bill would be $72.98 ($78.98 if I add Genie) for 3 month

Then it would go up to $80.98 (86.98 if I add Genie) for months 4-12.

When I signed up My credits were only $31.00 so now my credit will be only $8.00 difference.

I think this is a good deal, but still working on my wife to let me.

Good luck and hope you get it you will love the HR34 and great deal you got :)

I finally got her to agree. I called at the right time.

I very nicely asked the gentleman why do I have to pay for the install fee, because when I first signed up with Directv I had them install 5 rooms. So after a few questions he said here's what I'll do for you. I'll take $250 off of the Genie, and I'll wave the install fee. So $51.94 (after tax) for the Genie.

I also said I'll take the Credits that you offered.

Free DVR for 12 months and $15 credit for 12 months = $25 off for 12 months

Free MRV for 3 months and $5.00 off for 3months = $8.00 off for 3 months

So I'll pay around $78.98 for 3 months, then pay $86.98 for 4 - 12 months. (Plus $5.99 for protecting plan, may drop this haven't decided yet)

I've learned that if you're very nice, they're willing to give you some great offers.

I finally got her to agree. I called at the right time.

I very nicely asked the gentleman why do I have to pay for the install fee, because when I first signed up with Directv I had them install 5 rooms. So after a few questions he said here's what I'll do for you. I'll take $250 off of the Genie, and I'll wave the install fee. So $51.94 (after tax) for the Genie.

I also said I'll take the Credits that you offered.

Free DVR for 12 months and $15 credit for 12 months = $25 off for 12 months

Free MRV for 3 months and $5.00 off for 3months = $8.00 off for 3 months

So I'll pay around $78.98 for 3 months, then pay $86.98 for 4 - 12 months. (Plus $5.99 for protecting plan, may drop this haven't decided yet)

I've learned that if you're very nice, they're willing to give you some great offers.

Good deal ...

I've NEVER had them give me more than $20 off discount p/m.

Usually I'm lucky if they give me the $10 off p/m discount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.