good evening my friends a hd compaision chart between dish and directv

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
here is something i put together a hd compare chart with what hd channels we are missing on dish network if you see any missing let me know i will add them here
these are currently on directv guide listing that i got this off from
ovationhd
disney juniorhd
disneyxd
nickjrhd
tvlandhd
qvchd
mtv2hd
bbc worldhd
aspirehd
comedy,tvhd
justice centerhd
nbc universolhd
time warner sports channels
moremaxhd
thillermaxhd
max latinohd
starz in cinemahd
encore actionhd
showtime extreme and beyondhd
the movie channel xtrahd
shortstvhd
yes networkhd
snyhd
root sports southwesthd
elrey network
the following channels dish network carries and has hd feeds to be carried in the future
pop
oxygen
tvland
evine
qvc
mtv2
great american country
disney junior
nickjr
uptv
pivot
american hereos channe;
chiller
cspan
cspan2
blazetv
hsn
hsn2
jewerlytv
gemstv
fmtv
fusiontv
fido
ridetv
ion
qvc and qvcplus
sbn
church channel
insp
tbn
ewtn
daystar
liquidation channel
russia today
nasa
hbo2
more max
max latino
showtime beyond and extreme
the encore channels
starz in cinema and black

sorry about the huge list my friends i wanted to let you know about the two carrier thanks allen and no i am not asking you to request these channels either i am trying to help you folks out to know whick ones we are missing hd channels on our lineup.

Last edited:
Huh many of those channels are no in HD on DIRECTV. FIDO? EWTN? CSPAN etc...

The only one of those channels on that list (if they were all in hd) would be TV Land.

Reactions: satjay
Huh many of those channels are no in HD on DIRECTV. FIDO? EWTN? CSPAN etc...

The only one of those channels on that list (if they were all in hd) would be TV Land.
He has a new heading before those implying that those are not in HD on DirecTV either but are available in HD on some other system.

Two columns or a different or bold font for his headings would make his two lists more readable.

i cannot go and correct it you guys i wish i could i would like to make it better for you guys.could one of you guys correct it for me thanks

There is nothing wrong with Allen wanting dish to add more HD. I know we all wish they did . Maybe Charley should take note . Satellite use to be exciting. It was when are they adding HD , new receivers, new satellites. Charley chat, tech chat was a blast . Now it's just here is the hopper . I miss the good old days .

There is nothing wrong with Allen wanting dish to add more HD. I know we all wish they did . Maybe Charley should take note . Satellite use to be exciting. It was when are they adding HD , new receivers, new satellites. Charley chat, tech chat was a blast . Now it's just here is the hopper . I miss the good old days .
yea i know it use to be so exicting when you could expect one or more hd channels in testing and added a month,i say thank you to dish for adding our rsns in hd yes i know they are still parttime.you kind of figure and think dish would put their extra bandwidth to use to get us some more hd channels i have vizio a4ktv and hd on their looks great and i am a huge movie nut when you have over 5000 movies ondemand and netflix too its great but would you want to see the rest of your movie channels in hd,i have been requesting elrey network in hd i love watching lucha wrestling.yes i know you would like for me to stop talking about hd, next time we will start tallking about ultra 4k hd in the future.i am here on this forum to help your guys and gals out i learn alot being on here talking to you guys.sometimes i can a real pain in the butt i know you should see me and my brother sometime we get in real big arugments luckly it has not got into any fist fights.in the future we will see all of channels in hd on dish who knows when that will happen but it will be so exciting when it happens.enough said on my end thanks my friends :)

Last edited:
yea i know it use to be so exicting when you could expect one or more hd channels in testing and added a month,i say thank you to dish for adding our rsns in hd yes i know they are still parttime.you kind of figure and think dish would put their extra bandwidth to use to get us some more hd channels i have vizio a4ktv and hd on their looks great and i am a huge movie nut when you have over 5000 movies ondemand and netflix too its great but would you want to see the rest of your movie channels in hd,i have been requesting elrey network in hd i love watching lucha wrestling.yes i know you would like for me to stop talking about hd, next time we will start tallking about ultra 4k hd in the future.i am here on this forum to help your guys and gals out i learn alot being on here talking to you guys.sometimes i can a real pain in the butt i know you should see me and my brother sometime we get in real big arugments luckly it has not got into any fist fights.in the future we will see all of channels in hd on dish who knows when that will happen but it will be so exciting when it happens.enough said on my end thanks my friends :)
You should use Spaces and capitals.
Its tough to read and hard to make sense with one long run on sentence.
People will hear you and see where your actually coming from.
Otherwise most members won't even bother to read a post that's jumbled up like this.
No hard feelings just some small advice.

I personally agree dish has been really boring lately.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Punctuation please! Rather than worrying so much about which provider has what in HD, why don't we take some of that idle time and visit an English grammar website to learn about sentence structure, spelling, and capitalization. :)

You should use Spaces and capitals.
Its tough to read and hard to make sense with one long run on sentence.
People will hear you and see where your actually coming from.
Otherwise most members won't even bother to read a post that's jumbled up like this.
No hard feelings just some small advice.

I personally agree dish has been really boring lately.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
no problem i will get the grammar and runon sentence figured out.hey dish can you guys do us a favor try to go through the requests and add the hd channels its been pretty boring with dish no such exciting news from them i have the hopper 3 it would be nice to have a app or a couple of cool hd channels

Punctuation please! Rather than worrying so much about which provider has what in HD, why don't we take some of that idle time and visit an English grammar website to learn about sentence structure, spelling, and capitalization. :)

Because then he would ONLY have time to stew & (re)post the SAME stuff over & over & over & over here 23 hours a day!

There is nothing wrong with Allen wanting dish to add more HD. I know we all wish they did .

Never said there was, & sure, of course I want more HD channels. But, there IS something VERY, VERY wrong when you keep reposting the SAME 'OL, SAME 'OL, OVER & OVER & OVER AGAIN!!!
Like it's actually going to make a rat's ass diff to E*. (or D*, or Comcast, etc.)
Don't you understand...he really, actually, thinks E* IS going to put more HD up, if he just keeps this crap up - it's actually beyond ridiculous!!!
It also doesn't help that he puts up lots of incorrect info about "phantom HD" channels, as you just saw in this thread - I guess he thinks the more he types, the better he looks...correct or NOT!

If you go over to the other sat/TV websites he peruses , he doesn't do this crap there...there IS a reason why. Scott has put him in time out a couple times here to stop it...it helps for a bit, then it starts right back up again. All I can say is Scott has a LOT of patience!

you should see me and my brother sometime we get in real big arugments

Does he also just sit on the internet 24/7/365???

Reactions: osu1991
No problem I will get the grammar and run-on sentence figured out.

Hey Dish, can you guys do us a favor?
Try to go through the requests and add the HD channels.
Its been pretty boring with Dish, no such exciting news from them.
I have the Hopper 3, it would be nice to have an App or a couple of cool HD channels.

Here I helped edit your post a little bit.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts