Good FTA HD channels & receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You might be able to negotiate a return with Go Satellite. After posting my experience here they offered to refund part of the purchase price (about $250). But I sold it on eBay so I wouldn't have to pay return shipping to Canada.
Another recourse that is available is to have your bank do a charge back on your credit card because the product that you received is defective or doesn't work as advertised.

vc2, nice option, sounds more like full refund rather than some compromised return.

Last edited:
... My question is, can I mod the linear LNBs to help this thing blind scan, like placing a dielectric in them. I've seen that the circular LNBs have a ceramic capacitor in them, so maybe a linear mod won't work. Any ideas?...
I may be wrong about this, but other than the L.O. frequency, I don't think that the receiver 'knows' whether the LNB is linear or circular. As far as I know, it just sends out a voltage to control the LNB polarity.

When I had my VS Max I noticed that the screen didn't even show the frequency readout when it was trying to blind scan an FTA satellite -- it stayed at '0'.

Another recourse that is available is to have your bank do a charge back on your credit card because the product that you received is defective or doesn't work as advertised.
Alec, if you go this route I'll be interested to know if the process works. I tried a chargeback for a defective product once and the credit card company gave me the runaround.

Alec, if you go this route I'll be interested to know if the process works. I tried a chargeback for a defective product once and the credit card company gave me the runaround.

The banks have rules that must be followed, but the process usually works. One rule is that the charge back request must be made in writing.

The banks have rules that must be followed, but the process usually works. One rule is that the charge back request must be made in writing.
I did mine online. They just kept asking me for the same information over and over. I kept sending exactly what they asked for. I could tell it was a stall tactic and eventually gave up after a few weeks.

Also, the credit card company will ask for a copy of the company's return policy. In Alec's case, he had 7 days to return the defective VS Max to GoSatellite (according to their policy). I suspect its been longer than that.

eBay was the solution for me. I sold my receiver at a loss and bought a different model (Coolsat 8100) for a similar discount. Not ideal, but it gets the job done.

I've been spending some time looking at LNBs and how to mod/test some of them. I'm not so sure the scan matter is related to weather its circular or linear as much as it is a HI or LO freq.. The circular lnb (11250 GHz) will scan great no matter what settings I use in the setup menu. Its found only one strong TP on G16. AnikF1 is strong but but it didn't find anything there. I feel its going to be a firmware or hardware issue with the receiver. I called the CC company and since GS wouldn't return calls the review process could take as much as 2 mo.. They won't get my $ again.

I was going to suggest you check out the Captiveworks LMC-4000HD. It is a great all in one Linux based PC box that will never be outdated, and at a good price at GOsatilite. But I didn't like the response you received so maby I will look else where for my FTA needs. Even if they couldn't help you they didn't seem concerned after receiving your money.

Hope you post what you end up doing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts