Good guy AMC will stream Breaking Bad premiere for Dish customers

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I just saw this and thought I'd pass it along...

AMC Refuses to Take Squabble with Dish Network Out on Customers, Lets Them Stream Breaking Bad Premiere Online for Free

goodguyamc.jpg

"Analysts expect Dish and AMC to settle their differences ahead the October season three premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead."

Boy I hope these "analysts" are correct on this, but I will not be holding my breath. I will be shocked if we ever see AMC/Rainbow on Dish again.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Brodieb said:
"Analysts expect Dish and AMC to settle their differences ahead the October season three premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead."

Boy I hope these "analysts" are correct on this, but I will not be holding my breath. I will be shocked if we ever see AMC/Rainbow on Dish again.

I can just wait for the dvds to come out or order on amazon

I think Viacom and AMC are learning new tricks to pull when you have been yanked from a major provider.
The difference is that AMC is adding free streams of their programming, so that subs of the affected carrier can view them, while Viacom is removing their free streams so that subs of their affected carrier cannot view them.

It seems more like trick or treat, with AMC giving treats.

GaryPen said:
The difference is that AMC is adding free streams of their programming, so that subs of the affected carrier can view them, while Viacom is removing their free streams so that subs of their affected carrier cannot view them.

It seems more like trick or treat, with AMC giving treats.

I agree with that. Viacom removing streams is only punishing the innocent.

Side note, does anyone know where these streams where taken down from and for what shows?

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Seems more like a teaser to put pressure on Dish; Let the fans still with Dish watch one episode, and only one, and see if that ratches up the pressure on Dish to give in. We're all just pawns to the suits on both sides.

You KNOW AMC is streaming the "premere" just to keep Dish subscribers hooked on the series and hopefully get them to change providers. They won't continue to allow free streaming because then we would have no need for the channel ever. Will they do the same for their other big hits? Is it worth the effort for us to watch if the station will not be returning anyway? I'm used to losing my favorite serials. Usually as soon as we get hooked on a series, the network drops it. This is just another twist... I guess I am doomed to just watch 1/2 hour sitcoms..

Oh ya. AMC's little web page makes them look pretty good until you get to that last box on the right.

DISH Customers, this special screening of the Breaking Bad season premiere is a one-time-only event, so you don't miss the start of the season. To see the rest of the season, switch providers now.

No thank you.

I am also reading now that it is probably cheaper and in Dishes better interest to settle out of court before the fall when Walking Dead premieres.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)