Good luck, Voomers! (If you don't reboot daily)

Gizmocjv

Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
If you voom is up and running and you don't have to reboot every day, consider yourself lucky

Hardly. I reboot mine about once a week at most, and this box is more stable than my Dish PVR 501, which has been on the market 4 years now. :(

I have one box that seems to need a daily re-boot and the other one goes through phases. Sometimes it is fine for a few weeks and sometimes it needs multiple re-boots in one day.

I'm hoping the new software will stabilize both boxes.

Gizmocjv said:
If you voom is up and running and you don't have to reboot every day, consider yourself lucky
Gizmocjv, Welcome to the forum!
Great majority of VOOM customers can call themselves lucky per your definition :)
If you have to reboot every day, either you have a bad STB, or you are pressing the Channel UP/Down buttons too quickly. There is a known issue, that the STB locks up if you press Channel Up/Down at a rate of 2-3 clicks per second...

DarrellP said:
Hardly. I reboot mine about once a week at most, and this box is more stable than my Dish PVR 501, which has been on the market 4 years now. :(

Compared to my 811, the voom box is golden. I was using my 811 last night and changed from an off air channel and made the guide freeze so I just switched to voom all night.

I have rebooted ONCE in almost 3 weeks (since my install and since the first overnight software upgrade). And rebooting once a day wouldn't bother me anyway.

OK here...

I rebooted the other night but that was the first time I'd rebooted in over a month. Can't complain here...

The Rickster

About once a week. The Comcast digital cable box (Moto 5100) would also lock up about once a week and before that the SureWest digital cable box (Philips something, don't remember the model) would lock up and lose the PG about once every couple of days and required unplugging and then a manual re-hit and reauthorization through the service menu (about 20 minutes to acquire the channels, then 30-60 minutes after that that to download the guide). I had to have two boxes both hooked up to the same TV to switch over to the other box when one would poop out 'cause the recovery procedure was so long. If the recovery didn't work we'd give SW a call to send a hit.

So yeah- I'm feeling pretty lucky. :)

I've never been a lucky person - I have 2 stb's and have not had to reboot yet. Does this meen my luck has now changed?

Each day when I get out of bed, I do put my boots back on but I would not call that rebooting, more like booting again.

As for Voom: I'm not lucky- I'm happy with Voom, baby!

I've Been Vooming Since The Middle Of March (2 stbs) & I Think I've Had To Reboot Each Only Twice (After Sofware Updates)

Niether of my 2 boxes has been rebooted since May 26th. No problems either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)