Good New Years Eve Feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pittsville

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
38N 75W
I watched this 2 years ago and it was really nice. No announcers yacking about tne new movies and TV shows, and pointing out celebrities in the crowd between commercials, just really cool video coverage of Times Square.

It's on 91W 12100V.

Live coverage of the Times Square 2009 festivities with exclusive panoramic views of Times Square and the new giant Crystal New Year’s Eve Ball from proprietary camera locations and the ambient and natural sounds of the revelers. This clean, uninterrupted feed will be provided free of charge to media organizations around the world on a non-exclusive basis solely for their use in creating television programming relating to the event. Additional information, including a detailed schedule of events and talent, will be announced shortly at

Times Square Alliance - New Year's Eve.

More info, I forgot this

NORTH AMERICAN TIMES AND COORDINATES: NEW YEAR'S EVE LIVE COVERAGE
1) Via Fiber: Wednesday, December 31, 2008; 4:00 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. EST

2) Via Satellite: Wednesday, December 31, 2008; 5:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. EST and 10:00 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. EST

C Band: Galaxy 19, /Transponder C-13; Orbital Position 97’ West; Downlink Frequency 3960 V, Audio 6.2/6.8 MHz,

Bandwidth 36 Meg

Ku Band: Galaxy 17, /Transponder 20K; Orbital Position 91’ West; Downlink Frequency 12100 V, Audio 6.2/6.8 MHz, Bandwidth 36 Meg

The New York Switch: PL-3B

Waterfront: WF 2051

I wonder when the feed is going to be in HD digital.

Analog is so 1990. ;)

Maybe next year the Alliance will provide a nice 1080i HD feed.

This was posted over 3 days ago.. :( NO HD on this one.. and it is in digital, sd. atleast I can watch it on my pansat.. I dont know if my 9200 can pick up anlaoge.

Also, sence this was posted in a press release we will let this one slide, but make sure you are posting feeds in its appropreate area. Thanks :)

I could not receive it

:mad:Tried with two different receivers, a Mercury II and Captivworks 600P:confused:

but make sure you are posting feeds in its appropreate area. Thanks :)

I have never found where the "appropriate area" is. I know that satelliteguys has this policy, and have respected it, but I've never found the private feed forum. Am I missing something?

Status
Please reply by conversation.