Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
...like me! I emailed Skyvision tech support yesterday to ask if I could get HITS programming on the 410 that I already own. Here's a quote:
If you bought the 410 at Skyvision you can call 800-500-9268 and order
programming. If you bought the 410 from somewhere else then you will
have to contact my manager Del at 800-500-9275 ext 7001 and pay the
40.00 authorization fee.
So if anyone else has a 410 they purchased somewhere other than Skyvision, they'll do it for you for 40 bucks plus the cost of your programming! I think this is a great deal and I thought I'd pass it along.:):up

Thanks.......if the programming "controllers" would allow some news and weather channels that 410 package might have a good chance to sell. I'm tempted , even with the basic ingredients missing from their packages..

turbo
the original design of Hits2Home is so cable companies can add digital channels to their cablke system without doing an overhaul

The analog channels that a customer would get would be through cable and then they would add a KU dish (Primestar's were common) to add the other digital channels. Its kinda a neat setup. Sure you wont see TNT, ESPN, WGN etc on there but there are some cool digital channels that would cost you mucho $$ on the pizza dishes :)
(the move to C-Band I think did resurrect it more as 4DTV's can also sub to it)

turbo
the original design of Hits2Home is so cable companies can add digital channels to their cablke system without doing an overhaul

The analog channels that a customer would get would be through cable and then they would add a KU dish (Primestar's were common) to add the other digital channels. Its kinda a neat setup. Sure you wont see TNT, ESPN, WGN etc on there but there are some cool digital channels that would cost you mucho $$ on the pizza dishes :)
(the move to C-Band I think did resurrect it more as 4DTV's can also sub to it)

W5 offers quite a few channels that would be in the highest tier on pizza and cable for great prices. I have the MTV digital mini pack with NPS that costs me about $6.00 a month, can pizza cut that? :D

I hope HITS get a few more for our 4DTV's and 410's.

not on the DSR410, but it does have MTV-Hits, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure, MTV2, Bet-Jazz, Gospel Music Channel, Fuse, and GAC.

picture quality?

How's the picture quality on the 410??? Better than dishnetwork SD stuff?

edit: another question--is Skyvision the only place to buy programming for the 410 receiver?

When I still had dishnetwork, I did a split screen comparison. DSR-410 wins, much less pixelation. Also, skyvision is the only place for programming on this box.

Thanks, I wondered if NPS could/would authorize programming for those 410's, since they are DC2......don't know why they wouldn't unless it was just the contractual part of selling subs.

How's the picture quality on the 410??? Better than dishnetwork SD stuff?

Im looking at W5 right now on my DSR 922 on my new HDTV, while it's not OTA HDTV quality it is very good and clear. I just got this new Sharp AQUOS the other day and while in the store they had Discovery HD lite on it from Direct tv. HITS looks better than the Direct tv HD lite I was watching on this thing in the store. So to answer your question HITS looks pretty good for a second generation.

The picture quality looks pretty good even on a 61" HD TV.

The 410 I was using last year didn't have the S-video output that some models do. I used it a short time, only 2 months on C band, when the HITS feeds switched from X4 ku band last spring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)