Good news for Springfield,MO. subs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
Dear Mr. Green,

Your note was forwarded to me as I am responsible for our cable and satellite agreements. To be honest, we have not had a recent discussion with Dish about the carriage of our station. They launched the local HD’s in our market with no notice to our station. Our competitors already had a group deal that covered Springfield and our company did not. We would be happy to work out an agreement with them at any time. Our terms are reasonable and we were successful recently in reaching an agreement with 20 cable companies for carriage of our digital signal.

As far as DirecTV, I am told we have a tentative deal that should be done this week in time for the Super Bowl. This one was delayed due to their insistence on a group deal that made it more complicated and time-consuming to complete.

Please understand that we recognize the importance on this issue. We have spent millions to provide a digital HD signal and we need to get it into as many homes as possible. I am confident we will reach an agreement with Dish but I doubt it gets done before this weekend.

[FONT=&quot]Michael A. Scott[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]President/General Manager[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KY3, Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]999 W. Sunshine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Springfield[/FONT][FONT=&quot], MO 65807[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone: (417) 268-3000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax: (417) 268-3360[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
mail
mail
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
mail
mail
[/FONT]

Those 4 were the hold-outs. All owned by the same company. Springfield,MO. should have those available by the weekend, with the exception of PBS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)