Good Portable XM Unit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
My MyFi died today. Is there a comparable portable unit that can be mounted in the car, taken with me, and placed in a desk top unit, just like the MyFi?

I am going to call XM tomorrow and see if they will be willing to replace my unit if I promise to not cancel. If not, I was thinking of just buying the XM skydock for my iPhone and using that instead

Just called XM and unlike DirecTV, they are not willing to deal at all. They will not even give me, a sub that has been with them for almost 10 years, a free $20 unit, lower my payments, nor were not hesitant to cancel my account. For a company that is seriously hurting, you think they would be willing to go out of their way to keep subs.

Even when I asked them to deactivate my current receivers since it does not work, they said doing so will cancel my account all together, even the on-line portion. Why would I pay for a service that I cannot currently use, and have a portion canceled, the online feature, canceled that I can use? Paying for the online portion by itself is more than I am paying for the radio portion. What kind of morons run this business?

Now it looks like I am going to have to go out and spend $100 on another portable unit.

Should I get the XMp3 or use the SkyDock? They are about the same price and the XMp3 is the only portable unit on the market now

Just called XM and unlike DirecTV, they are not willing to deal at all. They will not even give me, a sub that has been with them for almost 10 years, a free $20 unit, lower my payments, nor were not hesitant to cancel my account. For a company that is seriously hurting, you think they would be willing to go out of their way to keep subs.

Even when I asked them to deactivate my current receivers since it does not work, they said doing so will cancel my account all together, even the on-line portion. Why would I pay for a service that I cannot currently use, and have a portion canceled, the online feature, canceled that I can use? Paying for the online portion by itself is more than I am paying for the radio portion. What kind of morons run this business?

Now it looks like I am going to have to go out and spend $100 on another portable unit.

Should I get the XMp3 or use the SkyDock? They are about the same price and the XMp3 is the only portable unit on the market now

Wow. That is weird. Usually when people are getting ready to leave/cancel, they come back with an offer for something like 6 months/$20, or even 1-year prepaid at $77.

As far as the XMP3 goes, I "think" there are two versions of it. There is the XMP39which was made by Pioneer), and the XMP3i(which is made by Audiovox). Audiovox took over because Pioneer's XMP3 was such a POS(REALLY REALLY BAD), that htye just dumped it altogether and Audiovox took over, and added the "i" at the end of the unit to distinguish the two.

Now while the XMP3i has not gotten great reviews, it is still probably the best portable unit you can get at this point that is still available at Brick and Mortor stores(Best Buy/Radio Shack/etc...). They are all gone at this point.

I still think your best bet is to bid on a used MyFi on EBay, and just replace the one you have. You already have all the equipment you need, so all you need is the MyFi.

There are plenty of listings by just typing in Myfi, or Delphi MyFi XM2GO in the search category. I think this is probably you best/cheapest route.

Or just cancel it altogether and F XM/Sirius. They didn't seem to even want to "suspend" your account until you get a new unit, so screw them. If you wish.

DodgerKing said:

Well you must have gotten a bad representative hang up and try again. Obviously they are authorized to give these things out, as evidenced by the posts here.

As much as businesses try you can't control all your customer service reps on all their calls.

And sometimes businesses can't please all the people all the time.

Something is not right here. I called on August 2nd, stating I was gonna cancel (4 yr sub), because my roady xt was dying. They offered me a free audoiovox express and gave me the 5 months for $20 deal again. I passed on the free express for now, but was told when I found a new roady that would activate for free when I dropped the old one.

I ended up getting the XpressRCi for $75 ($90 off retail) from XM. Every time I called they had no problem canceling my service, even when I talked to a supervisor. The $75 deal was the best I could get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)