Good signal - No satellite lock?

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Tonight, I sat down to watch the tube and all I could get was the guide (all channels black).
Checked the signal on 61 and 72 and all was good. Did a check switch and the system advised me that I had less satellites than I did previously and that I could accept or cancel. There is no snow on the dish and I did not make any equipment changes. I notice when I verify the signal that I get solid signal on all transponders on both sats, but the system never locks on to the sat. Keeps saying LOCKED but does not indicate that it is 61.5 or 72 like it ususally does. I figured if it was a weather issue, I would get the standard error message but now I only get black screen with guide info.
Switch issue maybe? LNB? Anyone seen this before? It's really too cold for me to do any type of repairs and with Christmas tomorrow night, no way I will be able to get up on the roof for a few days at least.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Scratch that. 3 check switches later and all came back to normal. Strange though... never had that happen in over 3 yrs with Dish. Oh well. happy holidays!

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I never had that happen in over 10 years with Dish! (Actually I've had my 722 to show only the guide on occasion and require a power-plug reset. But I know that my antenna/LNB arrangement is good due to the presence of other receivers.)

I've had the Exorcist get into my machine with similar problems. Unplugging all power for a minute which forces the antenna switch to completely depower fixes the problem for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)