Good Washington DC Installer

pcbelize

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
Would anyone care to make a recommend for a good installer in the Washington DC area?

Thanks.

Do NOT go with A1... The installer came out on the wrong day, and before I could get home and tell him to cease and desist, he demolished my DirectTV setup, disconnected my cable modem taking down 3 VoIP phone lines as well as my Internet email and web servers, and only then started putting up the new equipment (Dish 500) before verifying LOS to E* satellites! (I did not have LOS to E* at the DirectTV mast location.) I had two other technicians from A1 come out and try to rectify matters, but frankly they were all marginally competent. Even simple things like screwing down the mast roof bracket were done (1) with very small diameter screws placed (2) through holes nearest to the mast, rather than the farthest out for best leverage. Of course that antenna blew down during our first strong wind, and it's only by God's grace that it snagged on my gutter rather than crashing through our kitchen window.

Where do you live? What city and/or county?

I think the title was pretty clear...WASHINGTON DC. You know, the capitol of our country.:rolleyes:

I normally sub-contract out of Baltimore/DC, but I'm currently in Raleigh, NC for the next few weeks. What do you need done? I can put you in touch with someone who does top quality work in that area.

I need a 1000+ installed on a 2nd (or perhaps 3rd) story and cable run to some recievers.

I just sent you a pm with the details.

Thanks for the response.

Fairfax antenna is the best in the DC area. I've used them and they have good reviews from other DC area subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)