Goodbye charter

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I am only keeping my High speed internet with them..i am cancelling my HDTV with them..horrid quality (macroblocking on HD channels) tech couldn't do a damn thing about it..and SD channels quality looked horrific..

I am moving on to Dish HD...if they can't give me decent quality images..i may have to go back to good ol charter...pff

Well yeha i know OTA has true HD lite..but i think Dish network is better t han Charter..
Yes/no?>

well here i will save 50$ if i stay with charter....i get all the channels from charter + internet + all movie channels for 80$ and with dish it will be over 140$.

If Dish's new mpeg4 stuff works as it looks it might, then they will become on par with what I saw on my local charter's HD. I know not every market is the same, but I have never seen the issues you are reporting with charter in my area. As for SD. I think charter's SD quality is far and away better than Dish.

Let us know what you see when you are all hooked up icewolf

Well at least

I am only keeping my High speed internet with them..i am cancelling my HDTV with them..horrid quality (macroblocking on HD channels) tech couldn't do a damn thing about it..and SD channels quality looked horrific..

I am moving on to Dish HD...if they can't give me decent quality images..i may have to go back to good ol charter...pff

You are not tied to a 24 Month service plan.
I've just canceled DirecTV and coming back to Charter on th 12 month deal and we'll see haw it goes.
I didn't have a problem with Charter before, it was just at the time Directv had a much cheaper deal.

I've no idea what "macroblocking" is, if you care to explain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts