Goodbye Deutsche Welle Radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

emuman100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
With great sadness in my heart, I must report that Deutsche Welle Radio English and German are now gone from 3740V at 103W. I contacted them and they said the English feed will only be on AsiaSat 3. It used to be on 103W as DW 1 Radio and DW 2 Radio, and online, but I can't find an online stream anywhere. I have a vintage console radio that I piped the audio into, I'd listen to it every night. Now that is no more. :( I think they are going to a new media distribution method with podcasts and audio on demand. I loved Deutsche Welle Radio so much, so sad to see it go.

With great sadness in my heart, I must report that Deutsche Welle Radio English and German are now gone from 3740V at 103W. I contacted them and they said the English feed will only be on AsiaSat 3. It used to be on 103W as DW 1 Radio and DW 2 Radio, and online, but I can't find an online stream anywhere. I have a vintage console radio that I piped the audio into, I'd listen to it every night. Now that is no more. :( I think they are going to a new media distribution method with podcasts and audio on demand. I loved Deutsche Welle Radio so much, so sad to see it go.
The DW live streams ended on 10/30. I miss it too.

Well there is the shortwave service of Deutsche Welle.

TRG said:
We don't get very good SW reception of DW here in the Southwest US.

Neither in northeast US. If they still have SW, I don't understand why they don't have an online stream too. I had a direct URL to their mp3 stream, it went dead, just like their satellite service.

Well there is the shortwave service of Deutsche Welle.

Whoa shortwave. Is there a shortwave section on this site? I think that would be awesome. I still need a shortwave setup. I have a retractable radioshack antenna but no radio.

There's a ham radio and scanner section. I would think shortwave listening discussions would be appropriate there.

Deutsche Welle only broadcasts in English on shortwave to Africa. Their most recent schedule is here: http://www.dw-world.de/popups/popup_pdf/0,,9496577,00.pdf

Most of the major shortwave stations have stopped broadcasting in English to North America. They've moved to the internet. There are still some on shortwave, such as China, Taiwan, Spain, plus a lot of religious broadcasts. Even a lot of the crackpot talk shows that used to be on WWCR are gone, they've moved to KU-band, check the audio channels on 97.

There's a list by time of shortwave broadcasts here: http://home.centurytel.net/danielsampson/time.txt

Status
Please reply by conversation.