goodbye dish

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Today I'm canceling my dish.getting tired of them not adding no channels.like channel 25 in cincinnati.I'm getting a good deal from cable.

dlh1435 said:
Today I'm canceling my dish.getting tired of them not adding no channels.like channel 25 in cincinnati.I'm getting a good deal from cable.

Good for you!! Waiting 2 more months (my year commitment will expire then) and maybe doing the same!

The channel 25 thing has been a thorn in my side for 4 years now. TWC in this area only carries UPN25 only for 5 hours a night so it's not much better, but at least they carry it. I have been on the fence for close to a year on dropping Dish because of this issue. If it weren't that there's an elderly person the household that wouldn'd adapt well to a "new" system, I would have dropped Dish last summer when they refused to carry the channel AGAIN for at least 12 months.

See ya
Tony

I have told DISH many, many times that they are losing (or not getting) customers in the Cincinnati market because they refuse to carry channel 25. One of the people at DISH that makes decisions about which stations they carry in a market told me last summer that "it has low Neilson numbers". If DISH makes their decision on that it is a wonder that they carry ANY UPN stations.

I have noticed that the local cable company (Insight) is finding DISH's weeknesses and using them in their ads. They currently have one that shows that DISH doesn't carry some of the channels in their AT60 package that the cable company carries on their basic service. They have another one that says "Did you know that if you buy a DISH Network satellite system you won't be able to get all of your local stations?" This is a direct reference to DISH not carrying channel 25 and I believe it is REALLY hurting DISH in this market.

In Cincinnati (at least this part of the market) Dish is also missing out on channels 14 and 16. Channel 14 is even a full power PBS affiliate with a unique schedule. Dish had no choice on 16 as it is the main Dayton PBS.

Another place Dish is deficient over cable is with channel 48, the Cincinnati PBS. When channel 48 goes off the air, CET provides cable a feed of PBSx until they sign on in the morning. On Dish, they just have the off-air signal.

Local cable also has ALL 4 KET networks and all 4 CET networks on the digital tier.

I'm not saying "cable is better. I'm saying that Dish's advantage has been severely deminished. Channel 25 to me is just the icing on the cake!

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts