Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Getting work that My Family TV will be going off the air this Sunday Night at Midnight.

Luken will be replacing it with a new channel called "The Family Channel"

There will be no program guide made available for the new channel until Monday.

And i have this hunch, that the "new channel" will keep airing the same episodes Luken channels keep airing again and again and again.
I stopped watching RTV and PBJ after months of their airing the same 20 Lassie episodes over and over again.

Luken does not have adequate financing for one channel let alone as many as they have.

I'll take what ever I can get, after all it's free. What's that old adage? "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

If you want any background:

http://valcom.tv/press112013.html

You should also check out the text of the RICO lawsuit against Vince Vellardita, which is also posted on the Valcom website. Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.

The short version is that any affiliates that were signed by Luken or with the Luken affiliate contract are moving over to The Family Channel. Any that pre-date the Luken deal go to Valcom who is supposed to launch something for them. I've heard zero about Valcom doing anything, and apparently, that's about what the impacted affiliates have heard as well, from what I can gather.

- Trip

I wondering if our local station here in Albuquerque's TV market will carry this network feed for sometime?

The station's call letter is KYNM-LD rf ch. 51.

There is a Family Channel on Canadian cable it is kind of the Canadian version of the Disiny channel. I hope they don't sue Luken.

First name THE I guess.

Thanks
Robert

If you want any background:

http://valcom.tv/press112013.html

You should also check out the text of the RICO lawsuit against Vince Vellardita, which is also posted on the Valcom website. Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.

The short version is that any affiliates that were signed by Luken or with the Luken affiliate contract are moving over to The Family Channel. Any that pre-date the Luken deal go to Valcom who is supposed to launch something for them. I've heard zero about Valcom doing anything, and apparently, that's about what the impacted affiliates have heard as well, from what I can gather.

- Trip

Canadians dont sue. We settle beef over beer and hockey.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There is a Family Channel on Canadian cable it is kind of the Canadian version of the Disiny channel. I hope they don't sue Luken.

First name THE I guess.

or there might still be a lawsuit - there used to be an american channel called The Family Channel that someone may still hold the name rights to.

Hopefully Luken's lawyers did a thorough look at the name or Luken was able to come up wtih a licensing agreement with the name rightsholder.

There is a Family Channel on Canadian cable it is kind of the Canadian version of the Disiny channel. I hope they don't sue Luken. First name THE I guess. Thanks Robert
I wouldn't doubt them having problems out of Disney, they could still own the trademark to "The Family Channel" since they ended up with what was the old CBN/Family Channel after Robertson and CBN sold it to Fox, who screwed it up and then sold it to Disney/ABC.

I watch it occasionally when I am in Tampa. I too am not so sure Disney will simply allow someone to use "The Family Channel."

Now here's a headscratcher: "Eye For An Eye" on a "Family-friendly" channel? Even at 8 PM (PT) that's not something I'd be proud to let the little ones watch.

O' course, your mileage may vary. But as the mime said about the "dumb blonde" in the Hustler TV ads on dish, "Really?"

Well, I was excited until I saw the schedule. :) They should air a test pattern 24/7 as it could be more interesting than the programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.