Goodbye VOOM

masiebers

Original poster
May 19, 2004
I started with VOOM on the basic package but quickly realized that there was not enough content. I upgraded to va-voom package. With a two TV installation, my bill was over $100. Although I loved the content, I was not happy with the expense, the problematic box, the rain fade, and the lack of one of the local channels. So I called to cancel the service. The CSR offered a free month of service, so I thought sure why not. I called back in one month to cancel.

After cancelling, my credit card was still billed for two consecutive months. I did not see the credit card refund for the two months until five months after I originally cancelled. The final insult was that they did not credit me the full amount due. They charged me for the free month they had given me! I consider it a small price to pay to be rid of them.

My advice when cancelling is to refuse any offers of free service.

I refused the measly $25 they offered when I cancelled on Tuesday.

I dread the xtra billing that is bound to occur.

And when they do that, I am going to be all over them and talking really nasty about them.

DrWho said:
I dread the xtra billing that is bound to occur.

And when they do that, I am going to be all over them and talking really nasty about them.

And if it goes well will you report back?
Please do, I want to see if anyone that leaves can have the intellectual honesty to bring back information on an amicable departure.

DrWHO do yourself a favor and call your credit card company now and tell them to refuse any futher charges from voom. If you have it attached to a debit card like I did then cancel the card and have the bank issue you a new one.This is what I did and I had no problem with them. If you cancel the credit card or debit card they still can issue you a credit but they just cant make charges to your account. After I canceled about two weeks later my debit card was refunded the money that was owed to me even though the card had been canceled................well hope this helps............DIGITAL~DAN

DUHH! Trading 40+ HD channels for what ......8 or 9? ( a mere pile of beans) Sounds like Jack in the Beanstalk story.

Yes, if the Voom de-install goes well, I will be honest and say thanks Voom.

When I called to cancel, they offerd to turn of the service and billing immediately, or when the equipment is picked up, I chose the later.

So on monday, they pick up the equipment, I won't know much till next month if they will continue to bill me. But I have heard the horror stories.

40+HD channels?? Oh well.
Considering the content and what I watch more of, sports, I will take my chances.

Tvlman said:
DUHH! Trading 40+ HD channels for what ......8 or 9? ( a mere pile of beans) Sounds like Jack in the Beanstalk story.

jack an beanstalk had happy end this will probly not i hope all go well for you dr who good luck

First off VOOM does NOT have 40+ HD channels. You can not count locals as they are NOT HD channels they just broadcast certain shows in HD. For a channel to be HD ever show/movie has to be HD. So they only have 37 HD channels. I don't know why they continue to lie

Can you even count "inside voom" as an HD channel? Does anybody really curl up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn to watch a steady, recurring stream of promos???

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
You can not count locals as they are NOT HD channels they just broadcast certain shows in HD.
So, according to your definition, VOOM is the only provider with HD channels! :D

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I didn't say VOOM is the only provider with HD channels. I was just stating locals are not HD channels.
But according to your definition, you should also exclude HBO-HD, StarzHD, ShowTime, and all other premium channels, since none of them show HD 100% of the time... ;)

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
First off VOOM does NOT have 40+ HD channels. You can not count locals as they are NOT HD channels they just broadcast certain shows in HD. For a channel to be HD ever show/movie has to be HD. So they only have 37 HD channels. I don't know why they continue to lie

So, would you quit just because it's only 37 not 40+? Or bitching about it will do? ;)

just because a station doesnt show hd 24/7 doesnt make it a non hd channel, thats just a stupid statement, there is not enough network content to justify hd 24/7 there are none of vooms upconverted channels would count as hd if that were true, hbo showtime cinemax and many more dont show hd 24/7

I think it's safe to say, if Cinema 10 was not allowed to rerun movies during the day, those channels would be hard put to provide 24/7 HD Service.

We are still in the state of lack of HD on any and all providers, imo.

Tvlman said:

It really depends on what you watch. Nobody could argue that VOOM provides the most HD...the question is ...do they provide the best programming in HD. I cant afford the everything pack , so Im subbing to the basic. So how much do I watch the exclusives? Not much at all to justify the 50 buck bill a month. But right now Im holding on until Jan to see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts