Google Assistant only works on Family Room Hopper3 - does not work on Living Room Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I upgraded both of my Hopper3 receivers to software U539. I received the message “Hopper Software Release” on both Hopper3 receivers.
On the Family Room Hopper3 I was able to setup Google Assistant .
1) I opened Google Assistant on my Iphone and said “Setup my Device”.
2) Google Assistant started looking for Devices and found my Family Room Hopper3.
3) The Family Room Hopper3 displayed a pairing code which I input into Google Assistant on my Iphone.
4) I accepted all the agreements.
5) Google Assistant works on my Family Room Hopper3.

I can control all of my house lights, control the Family Room Hopper3, get weather, and get answers to questions.

Unfortunately, the Living Room Hopper3 receiver is not found by Google Assistant on my Iphone. My guess is that since Google Assistant found the Family Room Hopper3 as a Hopper3 it does not find the second Hopper3. I tried rebooting the Living Room Hopper3 receiver but that did not fix it. As a result the voice remote on the Living Room Hopper3 receiver no longer works. It displays “Oops, we didn’t catch that. Please try again in a few seconds.” This is because Google Assistant is not set up on my Living Room Hopper3 receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I still can use the Google Assistant on my Iphone or the Google Speaker to control my Living Room Hopper3. I just can’t use the 54 voice remote for commands since the Living Room Hopper3 is not being recognized as a Google Assistant.

I added Google Assistant to my Joey3 in my bedroom. I used the same procedure as I did for my Family Room Hopper3.
1) Used Google Assistant on my Iphone to “Setup my Devices”.
2) Google Assistant started looking for devices and found my Joey3.
3) The Joey3 displayed a pairing code which I accepted on my IPhone.
4) Accepted all the agreements.

Joey3 now controls lights, and answers Google questions.
It also controls my Joey3 when it is linked to my Family Room Hopper3 and when it is linked to my Living Room Hopper3. Thus it will control the Living Room Hopper3 receiver even though the Living Room Hopper3 receiver does not have the full Google Assistant.

I also looked at my listed devices under Google Home. The Family Room Hopper3 shows up twice, once as a full Google Assistant and once as a device that can be controlled by Google Assistant. The Joey3 shows up twice. Once as a full Google Assistant and once as a device that can be controlled by Google Assistant. The Living Room Hopper3 only shows up once as a device that can be controlled by Google Assistant.

I still can use the Google Assistant on my Iphone or the Google Speaker to control my Living Room Hopper3. I just can’t use the 54 voice remote for commands since the Living Room Hopper3 is not being recognized as a Google Assistant.

On your living room H3 go into settings look for google assistant icon click it and follow the directions, see if that works.

Selecting the Google Assistant under settings still had the old instructions for control only.

I called Dish and was eventually escalated to Advanced Technical Support. She had me reboot both Hopper3 receivers. That still did not work. She also said that she could only see one of my Hopper3 receivers. The interesting thing was the receiver she saw was the one that would not work as a Google Assistant. She passed the info on to the engineering networking group.

This afternoon I tried the voice remote again. This time it came up with the ability to add Google Assistant. This time Google Assistant was able to discover the Living Room Hopper3. It now works as a full Google Assistant. I think Dish did something on their end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)