Google TV and Logitech Revue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chip Mullins

Original poster
I just upgraded my old DishDVR 625 to a ViP 922 and it should be installed on Saturday. I have a Logitech Revue on my 625 (yes it isn't supported, but converting HDMI to composite worked!haha) and want to continue using it, so I'm hoping that it will work with the 922. Does anyone know if it is supported with the 922 now? Does it work ok? What about Enhanced DVR Integration? If it doesn't turn out very well, I will be returning it for a 722k.

I dont believe it works with the 922 pm 1 of the dirt team members and they will help you and they are very good :)

It isn't supported but it will work fine. Just like on your 625 it will not be integrated.

Now what would be real nice is if it would function like a Sling Extender. But alas, even with 3.2, it won't accept the Chrome DishRemoteAccess app. Platform unsupported.

Just got the hopper and joeys last Saturday and I have two google revue units . I set one up for Hopper 2000 and one in the bedroom for Joey and it took the codes and I can control both the joey and the hopper using the revue units. Cool . Of course I had to customize the skip forward and skip back buttons ,because no integration. But honestly , I haven't really seen a reason to integrate anyway. I don't really gain anything except the revue unit knows exactly what channels I sub to , but I can set that myself. Why pay $4.00 more a month for that?

Well that is a good point about the integration. I mean I don't really use the DVR feature that much to be honest. I record some shows sometimes, but I don't really do that too often. I will be happy with just the ability to browse the web on TV like I am with my 625 right now! haha.

I have a VIP 922 and a Revue. To my knowledge there is still no integration (I haven't checked in awhile). The Revue works fine in every other respect. I do have to unplug the HDMI cable from the back of my 922 every night before the nightly download, or else the 922 locks up and needs a reboot to start working again. If that's not too big of a hassle, everything else works fine.

There are no plans for Google TV integration on the 922. For all intensive purposes Google TV on Dish is dead... Well except for that stupid fee they have for the receivers that do have integration.

Zombie King said:
I have a VIP 922 and a Revue. To my knowledge there is still no integration (I haven't checked in awhile). The Revue works fine in every other respect. I do have to unplug the HDMI cable from the back of my 922 every night before the nightly download, or else the 922 locks up and needs a reboot to start working again. If that's not too big of a hassle, everything else works fine.

Im having to do this as well....on one 922. I have two....weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)