Google TV guide?

patrick80639

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
chicago
Does google tv replace the dish network guide interface? Would love to have a better way to organize my channels, and I just can't stand the ancient looking guide on my 612.

I don't have a Revue, but I thought the $4 integration fee did allow you to browse DVR live and recorded programs via the Revue interface.

I was wondering on the revue "what's on" tv doesn't bring up a guide or any info, is this normal? I do have it set up with a 622 as my video source.

Frank7004 said:
No. Ancient looking, please elaborate. You want ancient, get a 381 rcvr. Lol.

A more "futuristic" guide is a 922 perk.

Ancient as in old, outdated, e.g. no transparent graphics, no logos, 480p resolution. The guide on my 612 is identical to my 311 and old 301 receiver, and now that I think about it, it's also the same as the 381hd.

Ancient as in old, outdated, e.g. no transparent graphics, no logos, 480p resolution. The guide on my 612 is identical to my 311 and old 301 receiver, and now that I think about it, it's also the same as the 381hd.

For transparent graphics you would need to press the Info button only once; press the right blue arrow(Browse) for single channel information that is transparent.;)

Jhon69 said:
For transparent graphics you would need to press the Info button only once; press the right blue arrow(Browse) for single channel information that is transparent.;)

Yeah, that's not the guide. Thanks anyway.

The Google TV doesn't totally replace your 722's guide. You can search through the Google TV interface for programs, and if you pay the integration fee it will then schedule a recording from the Google TV box, but you don't get a grid that you could realistically say replaces the 722's guide. There is a "what's on" menu on Google TV that lists the current program on each channel, but it's more or less useless, because it only shows the current channel and you can't go forward even to the next program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)