google voice

Only played with it a bit so far. Works fine, but I have not played with much since signing up a month ago.

do you use it for incoming calls? or just have it answer your voicemail?

I have it, haven't used it much. I have received more "junk" calls than real ones. I was able to block one abuser calling the number over and over, which was nice.

I have received more "junk" calls than real ones.
This make me nervous . . .

I would like to use it for the text transcription of voicemails, but I'm concerned about having my cell phone incur additional charges for both incoming and outgoing calls. You have to call your access number to call out, and incoming calls are transferred to your cell phone, correct?

I am going to try it calling long-distance on my land line, though.

This make me nervous . . .

I would like to use it for the text transcription of voicemails, but I'm concerned about having my cell phone incur additional charges for both incoming and outgoing calls. You have to call your access number to call out, and incoming calls are transferred to your cell phone, correct?

I am going to try it calling long-distance on my land line, though.

you can add it to your friends and family, then you have no charges

I had it for a month. I have 2 numbers :). I use it as a business contact line. I have it set ring a certain way that way I know which number is calling me.

I have it and have been giving it out. I like it, only thing I am waiting for so I can use it more is a Windows Mobile google voice app. If I could call out from the number easily and use it for sms, I would use it sooo much more.
And I know there are a couple 3rd party apps, but I haven't found 1 that works good enough to use often

I have it and have been giving it out. I like it, only thing I am waiting for so I can use it more is a Windows Mobile google voice app. If I could call out from the number easily and use it for sms, I would use it sooo much more.
And I know there are a couple 3rd party apps, but I haven't found 1 that works good enough to use often

If you find one let me know.

Just sign up on the site. It only took 3 days for them to send me one. I don't know if I can send invites.

I just got mine...I signed up last night. I guess I still need to learn patience. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts