GoogleTV in second TV

maarch

Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Seattle
Hi, I just got dish network with the following configuration
722K in living with in single mode
211K in bedroom
I also have a google TV which is hooked up to my bedroom HDTV. I realized that when I tried configuring it with 211k it was actually recognizing my 722K too. I am wondering if I hook it up with 722K will I be able to see my DVR shows in 722 and If I can watch the shows will it be in HD. I understand I will have to pay a $4 DVR integration fee. My other option is to add an EHD to 211 to watch DVR show in my bedroom.

No, the google tv just controls the receiver, it doesn't stream the receiver threw it. The receiver needs to be hooked up directly to the google tv to watch your recordings.

I forget what it's called exactly. But Dishusecan is probably talking about the setup screen on the GTV that asks which receiver you want to pair it to. On my home LAN, this screen shows all 3 of my Dish receivers: a 722 and two 612's, and not just the one the GTV is physically connected to (via HDMI).

That's correct..it is showing 722k receiver in the list even though google tv is physically connected to 211. Looking at the answers it seems like I will not be able to watch 722 recordings if I pair it with google tv but not physically connect to it. So the only option for me to watch DVR shows in HD in bedroom is to get an EHD, unless someone else can suggest something better.

If you add a Slingbox HD-Pro (as opposed to Dish Sling Adapter) to your LR 722k, you would be able to use the Slingplayer Web App on your Revue in the BR.

EXACTLY what I will be doing coming this week when my Sling pro hd box gets here. I have a google box on my 722k in the living room and plan to add a google box I got for $79.00 from Amazon to my 211k in the master bedroom. I hope it works well because it is the closest thing that comes to the sling extender that will ever see from DISH. Luckily I got it on sale from Best Buy after Christmas. I'll be reporting back the results once I get it all installed and up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)