Got 2 Hoppers 3 Joeys Installed Today, Thinking of Canceling

I've seen Uverse and the artifacts on it are terrible. Dish's PQ is much better. I agree with everyone else here. There must be some issue there because that is not normal. I'm watching basketball on CBS right now and have a beautiful picture.

The tech came and installed a duonode when the original tech had installed 2 solo's and he replaced te LNB. PQ hasnt really improved much but also I noticed after he left one hopper worked fine and my second one from time to time would "Lose Signal" on the 3rd tuner. And when trying to record 3 things it would say it was recording 2 things (when it only recorded 1) and on the 3rd would say lost signal. Had another tech come out today but by time it wasnt acting up and we couldnt re-create the problem. Any idea why just one tuner would lose signal?

if only this were true.

It's true for Digital. If a receiver needs a 40 signal to produce a freeze free, signal loss free signal, getting 45 or 80 won't change the picture quality. 45 will be more apt to produce a 39 signal in rain etc..
One OTA channel I get is just at the threshold to get a stable signal, it is an excellent HD signal, no different than a channel I get with a very high signal.

The tech came and installed a duonode when the original tech had installed 2 solo's and he replaced te LNB. PQ hasnt really improved much but also I noticed after he left one hopper worked fine and my second one from time to time would "Lose Signal" on the 3rd tuner. And when trying to record 3 things it would say it was recording 2 things (when it only recorded 1) and on the 3rd would say lost signal. Had another tech come out today but by time it wasnt acting up and we couldnt re-create the problem. Any idea why just one tuner would lose signal?

did the tech who installed the two solo nodes tell you that he was purposely installing the equipment incorrectly and that he'd have to come back to swap out for a duo node at some point? If he didn't, I'd be skeptical they did anything right. (I'm assuming there's no separate system involved like an RV)

Did you post your full setup in this topic? Type of Dish? Any Switches? etc....

Post pics of your install. Dish .. Cable. Entry point.. is the cable rated 3ghz? Wall plates at Hopper locations are there blue barrells? Is the system grounded? Sounds like something is wrong with the install..

Post pics of your install. Dish .. Cable. Entry point.. is the cable rated 3ghz? Wall plates at Hopper locations are there blue barrells? Is the system grounded? Sounds like something is wrong with the install..

+1 When the install is correct, the pictures will be great! On both of our Hoppers and four Joeys, picture quality is amazing--noticeably better than on previous 722k, 622, and 612s. Keep after Dish to get a proper install.

I couldnt tell which Dish I have other then the original tech had 1 node to each dish (there are 2 mounted on the roof) the second installer said that was wrong and unhooked one dish and installed a duonode (as photoed). I have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys all coax have blue caps and worked fine with directv not long ago.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 186
I couldnt tell which Dish I have other then the original tech had 1 node to each dish (there are 2 mounted on the roof) the second installer said that was wrong and unhooked one dish and installed a duonode (as photoed). I have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys all coax have blue caps and worked fine with directv not long ago.

Yes may work fine on dtv. But you need to check your wall plates.. is your cable rated 3ghz? If it's not on the cable, odds are it's not rated correctly and needs to be replace. You only need to check the lines coming off the dish, and going to hoppers.

The lines coming off the dish to the node, are there any breaks in the lines? If there is, those needs to be replace. Should be no breaks in the lines from dish to node.
If cable is rated 3ghz and blue barrels in the wall plates and no breaks in the dish, one last thing you could try. Take off the green ground wire to make sure it's not grounding issue..

btw what is your signal on then transponders?

Code:
119 Sat

//

110 Sat

////

129 Sat