Got a 4dtv receiver from my neighbor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
Does anyone know how to program this General Instrument receiver? It has vc 2 plus installed. I know how to use my Manhattan receiver with a 7 1/2ft BUD with no problems but I'm lost on old school receivers. Can I update the software install? How do you check the battery on the receiver?

SANY0101.JPGSANY0102.JPG:rolleyes:

Last edited:
To check the battery first you can go to the system settings screen and check system status. Verify that the receiver number in that screen matches with the back of your unit. In order to check the voltage on the battery you would have to remove the cover and check it with a Voltmeter. You may be able to read the date on the battery. If it is a red one it is probably very old and you should replace it asap. The mapping program is available through the links in the cband section. With that program you will be able to update your maps in your receiver.

Receiver number on system status match the back number on the receiver. System status current version 0000006D.

Pull the VC2 Cart ASAP!!!

Check the system status screen to see if the UA # 000-etc.... matches the label on back of unit.

Last edited:
In case you don't think of it-unplug your receiver before you try removing that VC2 descrambler module, it could possibly do some damage otherwise. It should just slide out once you gain access to the module.

I also was just given a 920 receiver. It actually had been laying outside in the elements for a year. I took the VC2 module, tray and wire harness out. Lots of rusty parts inside :(
It fired up though :) Now I have to learn this thing as I have never used anything like it. Fortunately for me all this new information on using these things has been made available here. :)

It actually had been laying outside in the elements for a year. I took the VC2 module, tray and wire harness out. Lots of rusty parts inside
It fired up though

That is amazing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.