Got a call from Dish Promo today :D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So I got a call from Dish Promo today, showed up on my caller ID as Dish Promo and the phone number is 9543123970, and these guys use High pressure sales tatics as well as lying through there teeth.

This is a summary how the call went,

The guy asked for me and asked what service I had, wich I replied uverse. The guy didnt know what uverse was and said it was cable and then proceeded to say I could save 30 dollars on my current cable bill.

I said no way. He asked what programming package I had and I said that I had the U450 for about 100 bucks a month wich included over 250 hd channels.

The guy said that they had over 250 HD channels on dish. I called BS and said no way. He then tryed to say it was true. Once again no way. Name em. he started to spout off some, including ones dish doesnt carry in hd. I once again sad bs, and that dish currently doesnt have channels that uverse carry's such as Sprout, Cspan 3, MTV Jams, Outermax in HD, and that I get every single movie channel in HD as as my RSN in HD full time. Then he changed his story and tried to say that he said 250 digital channels. I was like great, I get 450 all digital channels with uverse.

He then promptly transfered me to a supervisor (on his own) During the transfer I heard the guy tell his supervisor (who didnt mute the line) can you belive this s*it, this guy is spouting off every channel we dont have, and was asking his supervisor if he's heard of uverse. The Supervisor said yea I have. It was funny. The supervisor got on the line and said that I could save a whole lot. I said, look I know what dish has and I know that there is no way in the world you can even come remotely close to the channels I have now, or even my pricing as Im getting a great deal from att. He asked how uverse was as well as how many channels I got and how many were in hd. Well, I get over 250 in HD right now, and there are 450 channels on the system.

He said I was a very informed coustomer, as well as I said yep I blog about this stuff every day, wich promplty caused him to hang up the phone.. I dont think they will be calling back. :D

Be aware of these guys as im sure they are misrepresnting dish!

Here's my take regarding the transfer to the manager (From my experience having worked in a call center environment before):

The manager was probably monitoring the call in progress and determined that it was time to take over the call. From the sounds of it, the rep you were speaking with was probably new and didn't realize that you could still hear him when he responded to the manager when the manager used the "whisper" feature of the phone system to tell the rep that he was taking over his call.

-SF

I would never let an unsolicited call ever get that far.If call is not being made from your provider and your not interested ,the first lie out of their mouths would result in me hanging up.Mostly with caller ID if I dont reconize number I dont answer anyway,also it isnt to your best interest to provide someone you dont know about services you carry,its your business.Next time avoid the hassle and just hang up.They didnt sound like they were legitimate anyway.

From the Uverse website...

# Choose from a selection of programming packages or customize your own. TV packages start at $49 per month – packages available with up to 390 channels, includes local.
# Access to 110 HD programming channels and growing!

U450
As low as
$109.00
per month
Up to 360 digital channels with more than 95 in HD
1 HD-ready DVR receiver

Copied straight from the uverse site.

I wish I can get Uverse here.
This to show knowledge is power. What in the world do you do with 250 HD channels. 450 digital channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)