Got a Dish On Demand Ad

I got it and watched it. While I was watching it, I got the distinct impression that its purpose was to 'educate' me about DOD. Then only thought running through my mind was, 'It's not that I don't use it because I didn't know about it. I don't use it because it's too restrictive and too expensive.'

It deleted quite nicely.

Last edited:
So I watched the 4 minute clip on my DVR, that they so quietly sent me, and noticed that he said:

"Have your popcorn ready, because your movie will start in just a few short seconds."

-Is that even true? It was in reference to 'Movies and More' and the title of the screen shot was 'Movies on Demand' (MOD). I've downloaded from DishOnline via the sat receiver and it seemed to take 4-ever to start the download and a few hours to actually download after it started. I've never paid for a VOD and was curious if ordering one from channel 501 (not DishOnline) would start playback in just a few seconds. If so, that would mean that it should download faster than you can watch it in real-time (maybe it's only for Movies and More on demand), else you'd get some buffering/pause issues.

Any help would be great.

They have far too many 'on demand' options. Is there a difference between VOD (video on demand, channel 501), DOD (Dish on demand, title of the DVR event), MOD (movies on demand, part of the Ad) and DishOnline downloads (DVR button, then option #4)?

Last edited:
That they pushed is bad enough. They also pushed the priority to number 1. If you had 2 recordings then you would have lost one. BAD idea.
-Ken

This is the first time Dish has pushed a recording to my DVR. Hopefully this isn't the first of many.
In the 5 or so years I've had Dish, other than ones you often get when a DVR is first activated, I think this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd they've pushed. At that frequency, people complaining need to get a life (and as I always point out, they need to read their agreement with Dish).

That they pushed is bad enough. They also pushed the priority to number 1. If you had 2 recordings then you would have lost one. BAD idea.
No doubt they schedule it for the middle of the night when the vast majority of customers aren't likely to have a recording, so it's relatively safe. Will it affect some ? I'm sure it will.....

I do agree that making it a priority "1" is a bad idea. They probably have to do this since it doesn't repeat and this is the only chance to get it. If that's the case, why not "repeat" it a few times ? How much bandwidth can it possibly use ?

It forced my guide update to be later and screwed the timers I set to restore viewing after the Guide download. So, I woke up to Push Select to View on both tuners. :(

Keeps coming Back !

I deleted this Ad last night,and this morning it was Back on my Recordings.Wish we had a way to block Ads like you can do on your Computer(POP up blocker etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)