Got a free Primestar Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
Yesterday on my way home I noticed a Primestar Dish on a pole just a few blocks from my house.
Having read all the post about you guys getting free Primestar dishes, I got up the nerve and rang the doorbell of the house. I said something along these lines. Hi. My name is Adam ****** and I noticed the old Primestar dish in your yard. I know the primestar network has been bankrupt for years but did you know there is still a use for those dishes for people that like to experiment with the internet and satelites? I like to experiment around with them and was wondering if you would like to get rid of that dish in your yard? She said sure. I said I would be willing to pay you something for it or I would be glad to take it for free. Whichever you want. She said just take it for free. I said I'll be back with my tool in a few min.

It is one of the 40 inch dishes with the LNB in very good shape. The bolts are still shiny.

One question. Is the input of the lnb supposed to be open or is the cover just missing?
Now I plan to give G10 a go.
As a side note a had placed a bid on a primestar dish on E-bay so I was praying that I would get outbid. This morning I saw that the dish on E-bay went for $20 more than my bid. By the way the E-bay guy says he has 500 of them.

Is the input of the lnb supposed to be open or is the cover just missing
what do you mean? Where the coax goes in?

Normally there was a cover but no biggie if there isn't

Congrats on the new find :) There is one near my house but its an apartmnet complex with Spanish people in there so I don't really feel like asking :D

It has a weather cover on the end that the coax goes in. What I was wondering about is the other end that collects the satellite signal. On my other lnbs there is a white plastic cover that keeps out wasps and othe bugs. The Primestar is open with no covering.

i have one that is "open" because the little plastic part that covers it was busted. I don't know if it helped or not but I took some saran wrap and covered it with that just to keep the moisture out.

laseradam said:
As a side note a had placed a bid on a primestar dish on E-bay so I was praying that I would get outbid. This morning I saw that the dish on E-bay went for $20 more than my bid. By the way the E-bay guy says he has 500 of them.

Sweet, what is the URL for the guy that has over 500 of them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)