Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
Well I decided to upgrade my H20 to A DVR. I am now locked in for 2 more yeras. I looked at Dish but I just couldn't get past my bad experiences with them in the past. Plus, I don't think I would have had a good Line of Site. I ordered a statndard DVR knowing that they were only installing HD-DVRs in my area due to the locals moving off of 72.5. They gave me the upgrade for free, but if i had ordered the HD-DVR they would have charged me $99. To my surprise, I got a HR23-700. So far, it is a little slower than my HR20 and R22, but it will do. I ended uip moving it to my living room and moved the HR20 that was there to my bedroom. I love the black matte finish.

Good deal! They still want $199 from me for an hd dvr. I'm waiting to see what we get from D12. If it's not much, I may jump ship to Cox. Maybe I'll stay if they give me a free hd dvr. Here in CT Cox has a very good hd lineup. With bundling and a friends/family discount it would be much cheaper than Directv.

Good deal! They still want $199 from me for an hd dvr. I'm waiting to see what we get from D12. If it's not much, I may jump ship to Cox. Maybe I'll stay if they give me a free hd dvr. Here in CT Cox has a very good hd lineup. With bundling and a friends/family discount it would be much cheaper than Directv.

probably for the first year or thru the promo period.
Lots of options are cheaper if you look at promo's vs regular prices for the provider your using.

So why do you think you should get a free HD DVR from DIRECTV ?

So why do you think you should get a free HD DVR from DIRECTV ?

I don't think I should, and I didn't say that. Nice try! :rolleyes: For three months last year I could have gotten the good customer discount down to $99. That went away in December for some reason. If they would do that, maybe they will give me a free one to stay. I'll have to wait and see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)