Got a new HR24, video quality has issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know that, Im asking you how calibrate the input for a DVR, to adjust for the DVR. Answer is, there is no way. You calibrate your tv inputs to the standard, and make sure your movie player is right (with a test disc), because you want to make you view the movie at the standard. The DVR ends up being what it is, and it usually looks pretty good. There is no way to calibrate a HDDVR with a test disc.

They need to start adding test patterns to DVR's.

You can get a test pattern off of HD Net on Saturday morningg, usually like 6:30 am.
It might only be once a month now, but it is on next Saturday morning from 6:30am to 6:40 am and it runs a test pattern that you can check for overscan and a few other things.
I use it also to check my FF and rev setting, just to see how accurate they are.

You can get a test pattern off of HD Net on Saturday morningg, usually like 6:30 am.
It might only be once a month now, but it is on next Saturday morning from 6:30am to 6:40 am and it runs a test pattern that you can check for overscan and a few other things.
I use it also to check my FF and rev setting, just to see how accurate they are.

I forgot about that. Thanks Jimbo. I need that.

I should think Directv would recalibrate the settings they have in their firmware. And fix the scaler to output SD programs correctly in 1080i original format. Who tested this model? Seriously. I'm surprised people aren't screaming about it.

The older HR2x models don't have HDMI black level/color/underscan issues and a lot of them use different chipsets. So why does this one have to be so different where I have to re-adjust my monitor that has been professionally calibrated to get a decent picture?

I should think Directv would recalibrate the settings they have in their firmware. And fix the scaler to output SD programs correctly in 1080i original format. Who tested this model? Seriously. I'm surprised people aren't screaming about it.

The older HR2x models don't have HDMI black level/color/underscan issues and a lot of them use different chipsets. So why does this one have to be so different where I have to re-adjust my monitor that has been professionally calibrated to get a decent picture?

Actually DJ,
The majority of us have had NO ISSUES with ours.
My Scan is fine and the Black levels are very good on my Pioneer Elite Kuro .

The chip set on the HR24's IS different than the older ones, FINALLY, it needed it drastically.

Are your issues the same on all your TV's ?
Maybe you've got a bad HR24.

6ave.com

I've been dealing with these guys for about five years now. Bought three LCD TV, remotes and dvrs with no problems with anything including fraudlent credit charges.

I get NO taxes and free UPS shipping usually delivered from Neew Jersey to NC in four days.

I always place orders by phone and ask for "Scott" at ext 8632,

skycaster

Once you get over about 40"'s, all SD looks like crap.

I see that you have a DVDO. Does your 24 and the DVDO "play" together well? I've read that some are having HDMI handshake issues with their DVDO and 24 setup.

The 24 outputs RGB color space. Are you outputting RGB or converting to YCbCr 4:4:4 from the DVDO to the Denon and/or Panny?

I've yet to set it up. It'll be this week, Ill make myself a note to let you know if I have anything funky. Get you an answer by this weekend, that'll give me time to hook it up and test it a bit.

An update and not a good one.

I came home to an error 745 on the replacement HR24, "cannot read access card". Tech support had me try another card from one of my other receivers and got the same error message. So it seems the card reader in the receiver is broken. They are shipping another HR24 to me this week.

I will see if the third one displays the same bad video issues I have brought up here earlier...

Damn. That's sux.

I had to go through three 722's in one month to get a good when I had Dish. It was still kicking a month ago when I made the switch.

I got my replacement HR24 just now from Directv. It is an HR24-100 instead of an HR24-500. It also looks a little used so I assume it is a refurb. Hopefully it works okay.

I also bought 2 more new HR24's that showed up today. Both are HR24-500's.

Once I can get these downloading the latest firmware and activated, I'm going to see if there's any differences are as to these video issues I posted about earlier in this thread.

So after a few minutes I can see clearly that both HR24-500's are showing the same issues I posted about earlier - blacks were not very black, colors washed out, jagged images when viewing SD content at 1080i original format.

The HR24-100 looks GREAT and does not show ANY of the issues I've seen with the -500's.

I have all hooked up directly to a Samsung PN50A650 monitor via HDMI.

So after a few minutes I can see clearly that both HR24-500's are showing the same issues I posted about earlier - blacks were not very black, colors washed out, jagged images when viewing SD content at 1080i original format.

The HR24-100 looks GREAT and does not show ANY of the issues I've seen with the -500's.

I have all hooked up directly to a Samsung PN50A650 monitor via HDMI.

Well as you probably know, the 100 and 500's are different makers, that being the only difference that I know of.
Should have the same chips in them though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)