Got an X-Box 360 - must have games?

adavis720

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I have been wanting one for a while and got my self a present.

I really like sports games. It came with the racing/spiderman game. The racing seems cool, I haven't tried the spiderman game yet.

I drove all over last night looking for Madden 08 (i love football) but it was sold out everywhere. I stopped at a blockbuster and got Madden 07, NBA 2k7 and Tiger Woods Golf 06 all used just to hold me over.

I definitely want to get Madden 08. What are the other must haves?

Halo 3?

Is there a big difference with the newer Tiger Woods Golf?

Thanks for recommendations!

I have been wanting one for a while and got my self a present.

I really like sports games. It came with the racing/spiderman game. The racing seems cool, I haven't tried the spiderman game yet.

I drove all over last night looking for Madden 08 (i love football) but it was sold out everywhere. I stopped at a blockbuster and got Madden 07, NBA 2k7 and Tiger Woods Golf 06 all used just to hold me over.

I definitely want to get Madden 08. What are the other must haves?

Halo 3?

Is there a big difference with the newer Tiger Woods Golf?

Thanks for recommendations!

Mass Effect
Halo 3
Rock Band
Orange box

You'll get widely varied responses here, but here goes...

I'm not a fan of online gameplay (but I love XBox Live! for the downloads). That said, Gears of War absolutely spanks Halo 3 with regard to gameplay & graphics. I'm only speaking with respect to campaign mode, though. I've been told online & co-op is where Halo 3 really shines.

Then there's Burnout Revenge (and the upcoming Burnout Revenge Paradise of which I've played a demo). Both of these have a very low learning curve and are just plain ol' fun and mayhem! I don't like to have to spend much time learning how to play a game before I can actually play it, so many driving sims turn me off right away. That's not the case with Burnout.

I also game in short bursts. I've never been one to play for hours at a time.

Also don't forget the great arcade games you can download from XBox Live!

Enjoy!

Completely agree, but I would add Call of Duty 4 & Bioshock to the list.

Amen. Also Gears is a good rental. You will get about 6 hours of game play out of it.

GREAT game... (to short though). It does spank Halo 3 graphically but it was designed to be Movie quality, while Halo 3 tried to hard to stay true to the series.

BTW Gears is why the 360 has 512 megs of ram. LOL the designers saw the demo and they said.. "well you just cost us a billion dollars.":D

You all forgot a must have game*.
Gears of War, yes it may be old, but its one of the best games ever for the 360.

I concur w/ Mass Effect, Halo, Gears of War, Burnout Revenge and Orange Box (don't have it, but have Half-Life/2/Counterstrike on the PC). I've only seen the latest Tiger Woods in demo form on the PS3, but it certainly looks solid. Likewise, Bioshock is very solid (but I've only played the demo). Playable demoes are plentiful on Xbox Live--you should try before you buy as much as possible to make sure you are going to get your money's worth...its one HUGE plus to the 360s online offerings that the competition just doesn't match.

I'd also say to look around the Arcade/Marketplace titles...you'll find a lot of good stuff in there and a wide range of play styles suited for quick fix gaming. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for high-testosterone/stress gaming and want a twitch or puzzle fix...download titles are perfect for that.

My biggest recommendation is to download every demo that sounds fun, and then a few that maybe not so, and try them out. Over 100 Live Arcade titles out there too.

Aside from that, many great suggestions above of course.

You all forgot a must have game*.
Gears of War, yes it may be old, but its one of the best games ever for the 360.

No we didn't forget. You just missed my previous post:
...I'm not a fan of online gameplay (but I love XBox Live! for the downloads). That said, Gears of War absolutely spanks Halo 3 with regard to gameplay & graphics. I'm only speaking with respect to campaign mode, though. I've been told online & co-op is where Halo 3 really shines...

My biggest recommendation is to download every demo that sounds fun, and then a few that maybe not so, and try them out. Over 100 Live Arcade titles out there too.

That's the way to do it! No sense dropping $60 on a game to find out you don't like it.

I have been downloading demos like crazy.

There are no demos for Gears Of War (my inlaws asked for a suggestion on what game to get me for x-mas I suggested it on everyone's recommendation), but I tried Orange Box (half life), Fifa Soccer and MLB 2k8.

Halo 3 is on it's way, along with Madden 08 (best buy sale).

I had another, unrelated, question.

Can I play friends on-line with XBOX Silver or do I need Gold?

OK, I got a few more. Madden 08 (awesome), Tiger Woods 08.

I also got Guitar Hero 2 and 3. I was going to get 3 and a second controller, but Guitar Hero 2 was only $20 more than just the controller alone, so I figured it was worth it for the extra songs. I only tried it a few times before I bought it and thought it was OK. We are having a big holiday party next week so I thought it might be fun for guests. So far I enjoy it.

Is anyone interested in starting a game swap??

Now that I have Madden 08 and Tiger Woods 08 I would like to swap Madden 07 and Tiger Woods 06. Instead of trading them in at Gamespot of $2.50 I thought I would try here.

Any takers?

I would trade both of them for Gears Of War. Also interested in COD 4, Bioshock or NHL 08.

Gears of War (one of the greatest games for 360)
Halo 3 (Its Halo 3)
Bioshock (one of the greatest single player FPS games you will ever play)
Guitar Hero 3/Rock Band (If you like those sort of games.)
The Orange Box (its literally 6 games for $60.)
Mass Effect (seems to be THE rpg of the 360, I can't attest because I just started playing it myself.)

I'd strongly recommend using Xbox Live arcade for some games too because they can be very fun. I'd recommend TMNT arcade, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (One of the greatest 2d platformers ever created,) UNO (since it costs the same if not less than a deck of UNO cards,) Bomberman Live (the epitome of great multiplayer) and Bejeweled 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)