Got Hopper + 2 J today .. broadband problem ?

riekl

Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Installer really didn't know what he was doing, but we have the TV working on all 3 TV's yeah for that.

The hopper tv shows all green checkmarks for internet/broadband, however if i click the dish on demand or blockbuster buttons nothing happens (well the screen flashes and a faded picture of a kangeroo appears in the bottom right for awhile).

If i go to either joey they show MOCA but no green checkmark on server/internet they have 169 IP's. Do I need to run network cables to the joeys ? I thought they would pull internet through the hopper? What am I missing? Thank you in advance for any help guys !!

How is the the Hopper connected to the Internet? Wireless adapter, hard wired Ethernet connection, or HIC? As sparc has stated that thread may help you as well.

The Hopper is connected via hard wire, it shows an IP, i can ping it from my pc, it shows a green checkmark for server/internet. However even from the hopper dish on demand and blockbuster buttons aren't doing anything. I looked at the other thread, didn't really help me as mine is connected via hardwire and still not really working. If I go to 'tests' it says broadband is fine. I can do a phone home, i can do the weather app. But on demand and blockbuster no workie .. any ideas ? Oh if it helps, my sling also isn't working. I can use the remote play app it sees my hopper and says starting stream but never displays anything and eventually errors out. (I have 30M down 5 meg up internet plenty of bandwidth).

You might try resetting the receiver by pressing the red reset button inside the panel door on the Hopper. In addition to that you may unplug it for a few minutes then power it back up. This will "refresh" everything if you will and might fix the issue. If the apps are working then it's not a connection issue.

It usually takes up to 24 hrs for everything to fully work, especially the interment services. Check it in the morning and it will probably being working. That's how it was for my H/J install.

Something else that hasn't been addressed is your Internet connection to the Joeys. If you want to take advantage of all the features you need to run another hard wire connection to each Joey if possible. Your other option would be a HIC which would send broadband over the MoCA network.

You guys were right on! Woke up and everything works ! Wow the Blockbuster on demand stuff is horrible content ? Why do they bother having that ? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)