Got my Eastern Arc Dish Upgrade today. (1000.4)

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
The tech from Dish Network Service in Pembroke NH showed up here on time and changed out the Dish in a snowstorm!! BTW did I mention it was on a tripod on a steel roof. The tech did a great job and was done in about 45 min or so. And swapped out a bad remote I had for my 222.

I have to say these local techs are great and the process was hassle free.

Overall the only disappointment I had was that I lost my Burlington SD locals (except for PBS and WNNE) and now have HD only locals. I can live with that.

With all the gripes I read about Dish. I can honestly say in the 12 years I've been with Dish I've had very few complaints about the service. (Except for the WMUR issue) and have no desire to ever switch to Directv or any other service.

I'm a happy customer.

Bob

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing your upgrade story with the us! We really do appreciate all our loyal customers. Have a great night and if you need anything, please just let us know!!

Good deal. I discredit any negative remarks about the EA. I put one in at my house as soon as Pittsburgh locals went on. I've put a bunch of them in since then. They are very reliable.

The tech that installed the 1K4 at my house said it shouldn't be mounted out of reach since snow is more likely to build up on it. The sats are at a higher in the sky at our latitude than ones at 110, 119 & 129. It was installed on 1/22/2011 and I've needed to clean it off several times.

Well we'll have to see how it works out. Unfortunately the roof was the only place to put where I had a clear view. I had a 61.5 wing dish for 10 yrs here and it never gave me any problems except maybe twice with snow and the next day it was back on. So I think that is a good track record.

The tech that installed the 1K4 at my house said it shouldn't be mounted out of reach since snow is more likely to build up on it. The sats are at a higher in the sky at our latitude than ones at 110, 119 & 129. It was installed on 1/22/2011 and I've needed to clean it off several times.

Good luck. I agree with you about the 62.5. Unfortunately, if the same thing happens to the 1K4 it's all the channels not just a few of them.

The vast majority of service/install calls are completed within time frame, and to customer satisfaction. It's just that the few that are not, make so much noise about it.

I had a customer that only spoke spanish today. Did I mention that I don't speak spanish. Did everything I could to communicate with the customer, and completed the job. Customer calls in complaining that I was rude, and not in a good mood.

Indeed this is the case where I live too. It doesn't snow much here but it was never a problem with the 110,119,129 setup. When I was converted to the Eastern arc, snow did become a problem with the new dish as it would build up and kill the signal.

It would have been annoying if the dish was still on the roof, but fortunately with the EA, I could clear the trees with a dish mounted on the ground. I can easily reach it to push off the snow.

The vast majority of service/install calls are completed within time frame, and to customer satisfaction. It's just that the few that are not, make so much noise about it.

I had a customer that only spoke spanish today. Did I mention that I don't speak spanish. Did everything I could to communicate with the customer, and completed the job. Customer calls in complaining that I was rude, and not in a good mood.

Did you take the spanish paper work that was requested on the wo?

But yeah, I agree. Our shop carries a pretty nice customer service record on a daily basis. One customer super pissed and the entire shop knows about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts