Got my new 922...and got Harmony 880 to work too!

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I think I'm gonna like this thing. Wow it sure is pretty. Got mine just in time for the new software update, so hopefully everything will run OK. I found the wackiest thing on a Harmony forum to make my 880 work with the 922. I set my Harmony with the 922 codes, and it wouldn't do anything but turn the receiver on. Someone on the harmony forum said put a piece of paper in front of the IR sensor in the lower right hand corner of the 922. I didn't believe it could work, but just like that, my hamony 880 works like a champ. I guess it has to do with LCD tv's interferring with the IR signal being sent to the 922. Not sure what the paper really does, but it works. Anyway love the new 922, and so does my droid phone.

You and your Droid both will love it even more when Dish releases the new free Android app if it is anything like the iPhone/iPod Touch app. I have the $30 Android app on my EVO and while it works the app on my Touch is much better.

Are you sure they are releasing a free android app for remote viewing. I've read some places that the free app is just for scheduling etc..

By the way I thought my 880 was working good, but in only works after the TV has been on for a while. At first it doesn't work. LCD interference or something. Does anyone have a harmony that is working good with the 922?

This Dish page says the free Blackberry and Android apps are coming soon. Of course we all know soon to us and soon to Dish aren't necessarily the same :D

I have used a Harmony One and a 700 with no problems. But I use them on Toshiba and Mits DLP so there is no interference. I have read that you can use something to protrude out over the front of the Dish box like an awning. The cardboard back of a Big Chief tablet comes to mind :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)