Got my TR-40CRA today.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
My two converter boxes arrived today. I ordered them from solidsignal.com....two boxes w/coupons came to $12.84 with next day shipping (mods, feel free to delete this if its inappropriate). I hooked one up and I'm impressed.....very user friendly interface and its all very familiar since i am a current E* sub.

The tuner is awesome. So far, no signal dropouts.....I wish my 722's tuner (which can be very flaky) was as good as the TR-40.

My two converter boxes arrived today. I ordered them from solidsignal.com....two boxes w/coupons came to $12.84 with next day shipping (mods, feel free to delete this if its inappropriate). I hooked one up and I'm impressed.....very user friendly interface and its all very familiar since i am a current E* sub.

The tuner is awesome. So far, no signal dropouts.....I wish my 722's tuner (which can be very flaky) was as good as the TR-40.

How did you get two boxes shipped for $12.48? The cheapest shipping I see is $9.95 for 1 box?

I see $12.95 for ground shipping for 2 units. I do not see 2nd day for any less than $30.

Are these units going to be available from Dish Retailers? I'd rather buy from a local retailer than do mail order, but so far I've talked to 3 in my area and they were making noises like they were never going to have any.

Skyhi, any chance to see pictures of both sides internal board? - wondering what is different from DTVPal.

Are these units going to be available from Dish Retailers?

you can buy them from Echostar's DTVPal web site (I got my TR-40CRA from there, about $12 delivered after Echostar's shipping charge and local taxes). Box arrived in 2 days since I'm 2 days UPS from the warehouse Echostar shipped it from.

I just ordered two of them yesterday from Solid Signal and total out-of-pocket was about $12.95 for shipping. Can't wait to get them as the reception in my garage and 3rd floor workout room (where I have the two old tvs) is pretty spotty. My expectations are high...probably not a good thing. :)

As promised, here are my pictures:

Attachments

• tr40 back.jpg
    tr40 back.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 347
  • tr40 cover.jpg
    tr40 cover.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 282
  • TR40 front 2.jpg
    TR40 front 2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
Dish fooled again all of us who paid over $40 for same frickin "DTVPal".
Expiring coupons. :mad: I jumped the gun on my coupons and bought a DTVpal at Sears about 1 week before the TR-40 became available. :(

CRAP !!!!

Dish fooled again all of us who paid over $40 for same frickin "DTVPal".

ABSOLUTELY THE SAME DEVICE !

:(
Yea, but what about firmware?

The new box with the "better" tuner (DTVpal Plus) seems an interesting variation, as well.

I have been ignoring the whole DTVpal fiasco for a month or so.
So, I might be a little out of touch.
Just waiting for the f()[[3&* to ship one with an improved remote control unit, then I'm buying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)