Got new 0x17e software on hr20 700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I went home for lunch and turned on the HR20 700 and found new software version 0x17e downloaded this morning. Don't know what this fixes or enhances but seems to be working well. Have to play with later.

HR20-700: 0x17E - DBSTalk.Com

HR20-700: 0x17E
HR20-700:
Version: 0x17E

This will be a STAGGERED rollout

Improved

* Manual recording (improvements to prioritizer functions and scheduler)
* Stability
* Closed Caption enhancements/improvements
* Conflict resolution when todo list item removed
* Key press robustness (against key bounce)
* Search order puts HD channels before SD, and SAT-HD before OTA: Post rollout, users are reporting cases where this is not happening
* Autorecord keywords with special characters: Americas will record matches to America's
* Screen format options in Video TAB according to TV ratio settings: Now "Letterbox" for 4:3 and "Pillar Box" for 16:9
* Updated channel logos

Updated

* Erroneous LED activity on the front panel
* Keep or Delete at the end of single show after having used group play
* Prioritizer count is accurate: (8 of 7 will not longer happen)
* Direct channel tune no longer needs ENTER (Re: The banner timing out before the channel changes)
* Issues with PPV purchases via the WEB
* HDMI Updates

New feature(s)

* DirecTV Media Share™ BETA updated with new user interface (Formerly known as ViiV)
* Fast Forward correction to compensate user response time when pressing PLAY key
* Group Play "TIP" added when highlighting a group
* "TIPs" highlighted with yellow text
* Playback of currrently recording show is paused if user toggles to live and
back (SLB)

Notes

* N/A

New feature(s)

* DirecTV Media Share™ BETA updated with new user interface (Formerly known as ViiV)

To get my HR20 to do this, all I need to do is connect the STB to my router via CAT5 and we are good to go? Does the HR20 use DHCP or do I need to manually assign an IP. I have seen the screen that allows manual input, but should I do this anyway or is the DHCP "good enough"?

And what will I gain from this? Do I need to do something funky with my PC/Laptop to gain access to a certain folder? Is there a limit on what can be shown? Is it pix/music only, or can I see videos of my kids on the big screen with this technology?

New logos added and updated.

Style
ION
Chiller
Discovery Times
Spike
GAC
MTV updated Color
The 101 color
LinkTV
The CW color
VS
Nascar Hotpass
ESPN HD / 2 HD colors
TNT
The Movie Channel
Sho HD color
Some of the logos that had bad colors and Fonts last time they were updated were sharpened up.

New feature(s)

To get my HR20 to do this, all I need to do is connect the STB to my router via CAT5 and we are good to go? Does the HR20 use DHCP or do I need to manually assign an IP. I have seen the screen that allows manual input, but should I do this anyway or is the DHCP "good enough"?

And what will I gain from this? Do I need to do something funky with my PC/Laptop to gain access to a certain folder? Is there a limit on what can be shown? Is it pix/music only, or can I see videos of my kids on the big screen with this technology?

Yep, just network it to your router. DHCP is fine as long as the router is doing it.

Right now its only pics and music. If you have Vista, all you need to do is media share your stuff by setting up the share folders and allowing a share. There is more detail and other setups too and as much as I hate to say it, you might want to go to DBSTalk and review all the details on this. You can use third party software, different configurations, etc. Quite a bit of information.

updates

i've also received all the new updates and let me tell you my hr20 has been flawless. this new update has even made the ff great. great news since i loved my tivo and was having alot of reboots.

I just realized a couple of days ago that my FF was working similar to my Tivo. I was wondering if a new version downloaded. It's so much better! This has been one of my primary complaints against the HR20. Glad to see D* being so proactive.

BTW, I miss the Tivo sounds also, even though they bugged me to no end in the beginning.

Dont like

I too just noticed that I too have the new software/upgrade that installed on the 24th. I did like the ffwd feature. That acts more like the tivo did. What I dont like is that it has crashed twice since it was installed! You'll be watching a show and the screen will freeze up or just go black. I have had to reset it twice and yes, I lost all the movies I recorded.

I too just noticed that I too have the new software/upgrade that installed on the 24th. I did like the ffwd feature. That acts more like the tivo did. What I dont like is that it has crashed twice since it was installed! You'll be watching a show and the screen will freeze up or just go black. I have had to reset it twice and yes, I lost all the movies I recorded.

First of all, :welcome to the site !

You should NOT have lost your recordings if you did a basic reboot as you mentioned.

Jimbo

HR20-100 and HR20-700 have different software. This thread appears to be about the 700. The 100 received 0x17e yesterday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.