Got new HR44 instead of HR54?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the 54 and it was not a specific 4K install although I do have a 4K tv I got c51 minis too - he had both a 44 and 54 on the truck the other diff is the power or something else is built in vs on the outside - everything is working great happy so far
Again, you had a 4K TV so you were offered the 54.

Thanks for all the help guys. My new 44 and 24 upstairs are working great.
Does the 54 have a larger hard drive than the 44?
On the 44, how many shows can
I record and watch a separate channel at the same time? The installer was telling my wife that the 44 uses 2 tuners to watch live tv.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help guys. My new 44 and 24 upstairs are working great.
Does the 54 have a larger hard drive than the 44?
On the 44, how many shows can
I record and watch a separate channel at the same time? The installer was telling my wife that the 44 uses 2 tuners to watch live tv.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I believe the two both have the same size hard drive.
How many shows can you record depends mainly on what is being recorded , HD or SD.
You can use all 5 tuners to record if you are not watching TV anywhere else.
Only 1 tuner is used to watch.

The HR34 is a discontinued model and no one gets a replacement HR34. The 34 is DEAD!

There not discontinued. Markets across the country are still getting them. It's very few supply, maybe 2 pallets of them at a time, but they're not gone any any means.

I got the 54 and it was not a specific 4K install although I do have a 4K tv I got c51 minis too - he had both a 44 and 54 on the truck the other diff is the power or something else is built in vs on the outside - everything is working great happy so far
The HR54 & H44 will act as a power source for a SWM LNB. Other receivers require a power inserter as a power source.

The built-in PI is only really useful if you don't have any other receivers. Otherwise if the HR54 is unavailable (reboot even) you lose all the receivers until the box comes back online.

most new construction homes used CCS coax. wouldn't trust that to a 54 or H44 anyway, so I'd put in an external power inserter just to make sure it doesn't go awry.

So CPU wise is it the same between a 54 and 44? A tech is coming Saturday to look at my HR44-500 due to what we think is a dying hard drive. If a 34 is offered I will refuse. I would take a 54 if it is inherently better, otherwise I'd be fine with a 44. We have the phone line hooked up to it for Caller ID on screen and I know there is no phone jack on the 54. I don't have 4K anything or have the budget to upgraded TV's.

Any particular HR44 better than another? I imagine there's other manufacturers besides the -500 that I have. There is a -200 and -700 right? I have an HR24-200 and while I like Samsung, they put a thin height HD caddy inside which makes upgrading the hard drive internally difficult. You have to find a 3/4" height drive to fit without modification and most drives on the market are 1 inch thick. The thinner ones cost more if you can find them.

Not sure what kind of manufacturing differences are pros or cons between various HR44 and HR54 models. I just want something reliable and quick.

There is actually a note that came out the other day that specifically defines scenarios where you would be required to use a 34. Honestly when I have them I use them more often on upgrades than any other work order.

That said I haven't seen any in several months. I only have 44s and 54s. I install at least one 54 per week whether they are getting 4K or not just to keep the inventory fresh. Kind of luck of the draw if you are my customer getting a 54 without 4K.

I got a 44-700 to replace a failing 44-500. The differences in the -700 model is the front blue led's seem a little brighter and now we get phantom caller ID notices when on the phone, or past caller ID notices from calls that occurred earlier in the day. Never had that problem on the -500 model.

Tech said they rarely get HR34s anymore, but when they do they have to use it. Sometimes they get one pallet in and he hates putting them in. He said a lot of the times those HR34 installs end up becoming repeat calls because the users get frustrated how slow the unit is. He doesn't like to have repeat calls under his belt so he prefers the 44's. He said the 54's are only ever used on 4K installs, which so far hasn't been very popular in our county.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts