Got Phone Call today from Dish Nazi Audit team

Mike0616 said:
The problem with the Dish Gestapo (better than calling them Nazis?) is that they are only harassing legit customers. They don't have a phone number to call for all the people who are stealing their services, so there goes that argument.

Tape them. Play it in public. I wonder what would happen to their nastiness once the general public hears that the #1 company's customer service actually really SUCKS?

kvhollis said:
Tape them. Play it in public. I wonder what would happen to their nastiness once the general public hears that the #1 company's customer service actually really SUCKS?

You're on the right track. I think the key would be getting some hard evidence and customer testimonials to a well read media outlet. There also may be something the state attorney general offices can do. Some states have some pretty tough laws regarding what companies can get away with in that state.

Taping them would make a lot of people think twice about getting their service and many existing customers want to switch to avoid that.

jpezz said:
Some suggestions:

When the audit team calls, ask them to prove to you who they are. Demand that they provide you with a phone number before you answer any questions which you can verify with Dish that proves they are legitimate. Tell them that you have been receiving phony calls from people claiming to be from Dish and that you think they just might be fraudulent.

No problem - they tell ask "are you watching your TV now?" as they turn it off. That gets the point across fast. Or in my case, after not returning their phone calls, they turn off your service to make you call in. The account is flagged and Tech Support cannot even turn it back on - it has to be released by the audit team - and tech support can only give you their phone number.

jpezz said:
Find out if they are Dish employees or a contractor. If a contractor, ask them the name of their company. Tell the person that if there is a problem you will bring a lawsuit for libel against them individually as well as their company for interfering with your contract with Dish.

They work directly for Dish as the one I spoke with used to be in Advanced Tech Support

jpezz said:
Advise Dish that some phony company has been claiming to do audits but you suspect that they are from the cable company as they acted threatening and rude and you know Dish people wouldn't do anything like that. Tell Dish they told you that if you were dissatisfied, you should go to DirectTV as DirectTV has better deals. You think they are phony.

Spoken as someone who clearly has never dealt with the audit team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts