Got questions about what you have seen from Team Summit?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Over the past few days SatelliteGuys has given you some of the first looks anywhere of some exciting new Dish Network Equipment.

Because we cant think of all questions to ask this is your chance to ask the Dish Techs questions about things you have seen here on SatelliteGuys from Team Summit. Now while I will ask all questions asked, I can not guarentee that they will get answered by Dish.

Also please remember that while Dish may answer questions, a lot of these products are concepts and are unreleased so with that in mind answers or specs given may be different when the product is officially available.

So go ahead ask your questions. Questions will be accepted until 7am eastern time tommorow.

You'll probably get nowhere on this one, but I'd like to know:
Why the 921 software testing is so damn poor.

Number 1 other than that is:
What's the REAL reason DishWire is dead for D-VHS. And beings that's so, why can't it be used to implement an external HDD as a box expander.

1) Confirm the # of off-air tuners in the 942.

2) Release timetable on 942. This fall or next spring?

3) More details on Dish's external USB storage plans.

4) Any preliminary pricing information on those LCDs?

5) Thoughts on future receivers with H.264/WM9?

6) Will future HD be on conus slots (after launch of E*X) or Superdish?

How about more details about the 942.

How many Satellite and OTA tunners?
How many HD outputs for each tuner SD and HD?
How far along are they in the development process?
How big will the HDD be and will it be expandable? Maybe multiple HDD's (RAID 0)?

Yes this was in another post but I figured my questions might get answered here. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a dish installer in CA. I am VERY interested in the DP+44 seperator. Does the DP+ seperator actually take one wire in and make 2 seperate outputs for the 2 inputs on the dual sat tuner receivers? Some pics would be nice. I also want to know if this only works with DP+ LNBs? Also any idea when it will be available.

I have been putting in 322\522s for many months and the installs would go so much faster with a seperator. Also I think all customers would be ALOT happier if I didn't have to put either 2 holes or a huge one for the new wiring. I know several apartment houses don't allow new cable wiring. Most of the time those customers just opt to stay with cable or antenna rather then pay the extra receiver fee. Thanks for any info.

mleland

With the appearence of the DP44+ switch, are there plans for a "Super" Superdish that would allow 105, 110, 119, and 121?

When is Dish going to update their HD barker channel? (State-of-the-Art 6000 receiver? No mention of ESPN-HD, HDNet/Movies, or TNT-HD)

If Jane had 4 apples, and John had 6 apples, and Mark had more apples than Jane, but less than John, will Dish ever add OTA program info to the EPG, fix the OTA/EPG "acquiring signal" bug, and make guide downloads happen at off-times in the background for the 811?

GaryPen said:
If Jane had 4 apples, and John had 6 apples, and Mark had more apples than Jane, but less than John, will Dish ever add OTA program info to the EPG, fix the OTA/EPG "acquiring signal" bug, and make guide downloads happen at off-times in the background for the 811?

LOL LOL This is a very good one? :rolleyes:

921 Production

What kind of production numbers are expected for the 921 this summer? When will anyone that want to buy one be able to go to a dealer and get one? We have had enough double talk just straight answers please.

811 Features request:

1) Output Native for HD broadcasts. The scaler in the 811 isn't the best thing in the world, so an "Output Native" 1080i for 1080i source and 720p for 720p source would be great.

2) Map OTA Locals back to their locals in the guide. ie, link OTA 4-1 to channel 8549 for guide info. It's there, so why not propogate it?

Cheers,

Thank you for all your questions. I am now on my way to talk with the Dish Tech Guys (Guys like Mark Jackson, Dan Minnick, Jan Johnson etc)

I will report back later this afternoon with their answers.

SatelliteGuys was proud to be the only Satellite Forum at this Years Team Summit, I really hope everyone has enjoyed our Team Summit Coverage up to now. :)

Can you find out more about 522 lease to existing subs especially when and how much?
BTW, great job reporting Scott! I never expected there to be so many new developments especially the 942. The only improvement would be if next time you could wear a helmet-cam. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thank you for all your questions. I am now on my way to talk with the Dish Tech Guys (Guys like Mark Jackson, Dan Minnick, Jan Johnson etc)

I will report back later this afternoon with their answers.

SatelliteGuys was proud to be the only Satellite Forum at this Years Team Summit, I really hope everyone has enjoyed our Team Summit Coverage up to now. :)

No more questions guys. Can't you see Scott has already got the questions and went to talk to Dish.

Any plans for a 2 tuner DVR. Similar to a DirecTivo that does not have 2 outputs for 2 tvs like the 522?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts