Got questions about what you have seen from Team Summit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Be cool to see the following two changes implemented in the 721 receiver software:

1) Event timers would immediately begin automatically recording on the PIP tuner if PIP is enabled instead of asking which tuner you want the PVR to record from while watching live TV. This is my single biggest annoyance right now with the current software featureset from a user friendly standpoint. If you're not looking at the TV when the popup window comes up during the first minute of the program to be recorded, its cutoff while waiting for user input if I'm not mistaken. No need for manual popups asking us which tuner to record in - just do it and do it on the one I'm least likely to be concerned about it changing which is the PIP tuner. Should be automated by all means. I'm not crazy that it asks how to do its job instead of just doing it.

2) Default record 1 minute early and 3 minutes late event timer creation should default to whatever you chose last when setting up a timer. This is a no-brainer and I've been desiring it for over a year now.

Those two things that Unthinkable listed are a few annoyances that I have also been wanting to be resolved. These two issues cause you to have to click extra buttons on your remote than what is needed with proper software.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Over the past few days SatelliteGuys has given you some of the first looks anywhere of some exciting new Dish Network Equipment.

Because we cant think of all questions to ask this is your chance to ask the Dish Techs questions about things you have seen here on SatelliteGuys from Team Summit. Now while I will ask all questions asked, I can not guarentee that they will get answered by Dish.

Also please remember that while Dish may answer questions, a lot of these products are concepts and are unreleased so with that in mind answers or specs given may be different when the product is officially available.

So go ahead ask your questions. Questions will be accepted until 7am eastern time tommorow.

First I want to think you for all the neet pics and video and info you have provided here, good job Scott, however when are the questions here going to be ansered? I have been waiting with anticipation :) .

Scott Greczkowski said:
The questions have been answered already. (I know there were TOO many Team Summit updates which made things confusing)

Please see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=111509&postcount=11
You didn't quite answer my question. You did get a picture that included a DishPro Plus separator (though I wish it was big enough to read the markings on it), but though that picture also had a DishPro Plus LNB, what I was asking was when it would be available. That's important because as I understand it, the DPP LNB would be better for my apartment situation than the DPP44.