Got some answers, FWIW, at DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have one on all of my D* receivers including my HR10-250s.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they eliminated it (it's a pain anyway to an SD TV).

My main point is that if there are only 3 - as shown on the prototype, it isn't the ANT input (for ATSC tuners) that is being eliminated.

Last edited:
CPanther95 said:
I have one on all of my D* receivers including my HR10-250s.
If you have an RF out on your HR10-250 that you didn't add I will give you my ticket to the Colts/Steelers game Sunday. Of course, you would have to go with my brother-in-law and his two horrible sons.:eek:

Seriously, here is a copy of the manual for the HR10-250. http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_HR10-250.pdf

A copy of the back panel is on page 14. Please point out where the RF OUT is located.

Disclaimer, my definition of an RF OUT jack is one that sends the signal over a coax cable with F connectors modulated to channel 3 or 4. Similar to what you find on the D10 manual on page 11, Item #3:http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_D10.pdf

Ooops, my bad.

I've always fed my Master Bath with the coax out of my MBR STB - but just checked and now I recall that I had to use composite outs to my VHS/DVD combo player and RF out from that component.

So the prototype would appear to be consistent with the current HR10-250. 2 SAT inputs and 1 ANT input for the ATSC tuners.

Funny I forgot that considering it was the first D* STB I had since 1994 that did not have an RF output - and how pissed I was when I hooked it up less than a year ago.

Also part of the reason it is such a PITA to send a signal to the bathroom. (Ratio to wide - switch from 1080i to 480i - power on the DVD player - correct input on the DVD selected)

CPanther95 said:
Also part of the reason it is such a PITA to send a signal to the bathroom. (Ratio to wide - switch from 1080i to 480i - power on the DVD player - correct input on the DVD selected)
All the more reason to add a flat panel in the bathroom with component inputs.:D

No, the wife wouldn't let me do it either.:eek:;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)