Got to hand it to Sprint HTC

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Guy at work had an antique cell, and finally HAD to replace it. It was literally taped together. After what must have been a hilarious exchange to observe, the sales critter moved him to HTC. Not sure which one, forgot to look. It's his personal phone, not a company cell (or he wouldn't have gotten a droid).

Point is, he came to me to set it up with MS Exchange so he'd have common email, contacts ("people") and calendar. I am loathe to support more than one platform (we use iPhones), but agreed to see if it could be done easily. Sure was. Easier to set up, I'll admit, than the iPhone. Was I ever surprised. But credit given where credit is due: Superb setup.

Also easy was connecting him to our secure wi-fi.

A few minutes later he came to me, saying I'd messed up his Navigator, and he can't live without that. (Hmmm.) It turned out, he'd somehow turned airplane mode on. Without going thru menus, he said. Maybe there's a key combo or top button, I don't know. But it sure was easy to find and fix.

And this is a guy who doesn't know what GSM, CDMA, 3G, 4G or wi-fi are. And I've given up trying to explain.

Guy at work had an antique cell, and finally HAD to replace it. It was literally taped together. After what must have been a hilarious exchange to observe, the sales critter moved him to HTC. Not sure which one, forgot to look. It's his personal phone, not a company cell (or he wouldn't have gotten a droid).

Point is, he came to me to set it up with MS Exchange so he'd have common email, contacts ("people") and calendar. I am loathe to support more than one platform (we use iPhones), but agreed to see if it could be done easily. Sure was. Easier to set up, I'll admit, than the iPhone. Was I ever surprised. But credit given where credit is due: Superb setup.

Also easy was connecting him to our secure wi-fi.

A few minutes later he came to me, saying I'd messed up his Navigator, and he can't live without that. (Hmmm.) It turned out, he'd somehow turned airplane mode on. Without going thru menus, he said. Maybe there's a key combo or top button, I don't know. But it sure was easy to find and fix.

And this is a guy who doesn't know what GSM, CDMA, 3G, 4G or wi-fi are. And I've given up trying to explain.

So he got an HTC EVO or a Droid???

He had no idea, thought the model number was "4G." Anyway, I looked up by image and found it is the HTC EVO 4G Android Phone.

This sounds just like my mom. She had a VZW phone with a taped on Battery on a Nokia Flip Phone. Well just like Sprint, the VZW person talked her in to the Thunderbolt. Needless to say VZW owes my $300 for 2 years worth of Tech support I will now be providing to my mom. I love my mom, but she and electronics do not get along. She really needs an iPhone since she can handle a iTouch for the most part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts