Got update U303 on hopper 3

Put the Hopper and all Joeys' in standby by using the Red power button for an hour or so.
Correct, to get an update, all connected devices H3 and Joey's must all be in standby mode for about/at least/around/somewhere an hour or so. If 1 Joey is not in standby then the updates will not occur.

To compound the problem, the Joey's come set to NEVER go into standby. That's the first thing you have to change on all you Joey's and the Hopper. Allow them to go into standby so sometime at night all will be asleep.

U303 was pushed and if like almost ALL updates with Dish, only sent to a group of receivers. More receivers get added in a 2nd, 3rd, and so on push. In the case of U303, it was STOPPED.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I almost missed this - did you say that DISH has pulled the U303 that many of us are using? Too many bugs?

I almost missed this - did you say that DISH has pulled the U303 that many of us are using? Too many bugs?
what i heard the latest software was pulled with what is going on with the netlifx app and maybe it had to many bugs also

U303 was pushed and if like almost ALL updates with Dish, only sent to a group of receivers. More receivers get added in a 2nd, 3rd, and so on push. In the case of U303, it was STOPPED.
Is Stopped meaning the same thing as pulled? Meaning there might be problems with it. I turned standby inactivity off on my H3 and I was U301 until I decided to manually put the H3 in standby a few days ago when it updated to U303.

If it was really bad, they would revert your software to a previous version. It's happened only a couple of times in the 10 years I've been with Dish.

Is Stopped meaning the same thing as pulled? Meaning there might be problems with it. I turned standby inactivity off on my H3 and I was U301 until I decided to manually put the H3 in standby a few days ago when it updated to U303.
I'm totally confused on standby vs turning off the receivers. Should the receivers be left on always and set to go into standby? In the past I've always turned them off at night and never thought about it. Also how do you manually put one in standby?

Push the power button on the remote to put it in standby. If the screensaver is on, it's in standby.

You can't turn them "off" unless you pull the power cord.

I'm totally confused on standby vs turning off the receivers. Should the receivers be left on always and set to go into standby? In the past I've always turned them off at night and never thought about it. Also how do you manually put one in standby?
What Hall said. In the pre-Hopper 3, the box would goto standby at around 1:00AM-1:30AM even if you have the standby disabled in the settings. The H3 doesn't go into standby on it's own anymore unless it's in settings.

Didn't say anything about guide data. Under diagnostics it says "Last Connect: 2/1" which is the day it was installed. My software is U301. My search data is still not populating. Others in this thread have received a new update. How do we get the new 303 update? Previous message for Netflix said 2/11 which came and went and now it says 2/18.

I was in the same exact situation until I read that the joey's don't go into standby by default anymore. So I went to all 3 of my Joey's and set them to go into standby after 2 hours of no use. That next morning I checked and I had received U303 at midnight. Which was about 2 hours after everyone went to bed. So it does appear you will not get an update unless everything connected is in standby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)