Got upgrade from 508 to 612 for free

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Dish upgraded my 508 to a 612 for free today. They took the 508 with them which I owned, but the normal upgrade fee is $75. I probably would have got only $50 for the 508 so I think it was a good deal. I thought others would like to know. :)

Did you also have to sign up for a two-year contract?

Or is Dish doing this like the cell phone providers now, by receiving something you are indirectly obligating yourself to a contract?

I just scheduled a Dish'n It Up to upgrade both a 501 and 510 to two 612s. $25 each - includes installation (couldn't get out of it). New 2 year commitment. The 501 and 510 are both leased and will be taken by the installer.

I did have to sign a 24 month contract which they did not mention on the phone. I do not have the DVR fee because I have everything package.

i upgraded also to the 612. Guy coming tomorrow. Read my thread about my run around here . I am hoping I can convince him to split my OTA antenna :D . Why to think my chances are of that????

pfan

I called in yesterday and got the same deal, replacing a 508. I was all set to get a 211 instead because of the lower upfront cost, but when the CSR offered me the free 612 including installation I jumped at it. She did emphasize that I would have to pay the DVR fee. I already have a 622 on my account with DVR advantage, so she couldn't waive the DVR fee. On top of that she said I could keep my 508, which I may give to the kids to use. The CSR said this offer is good through January 31, 2009 for long time Dish Network customers (or maybe just anyone wanting to replace a 508, not sure now). As long as I am on the hook for another 24 months, I signed up for the HBO/Starz free for 3 months promo.

My install is set for 11/25 and I asked the CSR to note what kind of setup I currently have so the installer would have to do a minimum of rewiring. I am hoping he will bring what I asked for - 3 DP dual LNBs and a DPP44 switch, to replace my legacy setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)