GPS hardware for streets and trips

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I bought the Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 from a friend of mine and was wondering where I could get the GPS hardware for it with out spending a lot of money. I'm going on a business trip to New York this Sept through Oct and thought it would be helpful in getting around while I'm there trying to site see.

I thought that the version of the software with the hardware was a little more than a $100. Streets and Trips is a good map program.

But if you are going to spend that much, consider spending a little more and just getting a hand-held Garmin. That way you don't need a laptop in the front-seat while you are navigating ;)

It's around 130.00 for the kit. I wasn't wanting to spend that much. As far as getting a hand held, I wouldn't use it that much to justify buying one. I was just wondering about getting the hareware by itself, cheap, if possible. A friend of mine just bought a Garmin Nuive (sp) 650. That thing is sweet.:up

On ebay you can find people selling the Pharos 360 units that came with Streets & Trips. Prices vary. Watch out for the shipping charges and don't spend more than buying S&T with the unit included would cost.

I have a garmin c330. Its the best most useful thing I ever bought. lots of advantages to small and compact.

although no GPS works well in inner citys where the large buildings block the signal

I have zero issues (signal included) with my laptop mounted GPS units. GREATEST bang for the buck. $35 or so for the receiver/antenna and D/L two software pkgs free; MS Streets & Trips 07 and DeLorme Street Atlas. Totally portable, no theft issue, a 15" screen with clear as a bell voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)