Grace period?

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
I came back to Dish from DIRECTV a week ego but I am not happy with it. Is there any way to cancel it without paying penalty?

I do not think there is a "grace period." Once you've signed up, you'd have to pay the ETF. What do you not like about Dish?

Picture quality does not seem to be in pair with dtv. We have hard time adjusting to just three tuners, never had watching and recording conflict with DIRECTV and we have three TVs. The service appears to go out more often than dtv, even small storms seem to be a problem with dish. There are positives too but overal directv seems to be better.

How can you have conflicts with 16 tuners? Also sounds like your dish might need to be tweaked a bit if your losing signal often. My signal goes out almost never and only with very heavy thunderstorms or with heavy wet snow built up on the dish. I suspect a dish alignment problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Picture quality does not seem to be in pair with dtv. We have hard time adjusting to just three tuners, never had watching and recording conflict with DIRECTV and we have three TVs. The service appears to go out more often than dtv, even small storms seem to be a problem with dish. There are positives too but overal directv seems to be better.

You don't say where you live, so it may be location dependent, but I have found Dish to have fewer rain fade issues than DirecTV over the past 13 years during which I have had both in 3 different locations in the Raleigh-Durham area. I too suspect your dish needs to be re-peaked. Also, I would complain to Dish about not getting a Hopper3. Unless you have bad credit, they should not be deploying Hopper2s to new customers.

Three tuners for three TV's that all get used often isn't enough. I don't know if perhaps your credit only allowed that install or if you requested it. It's not what normally would be suggested by DISH. A Hopper 3 would give you 16 tuners as mentioned. You could replace one of your Joeys with a Super Joey that gives you two more tuners as already mentioned. I live in the heavy rain and lightning storm capital (Tampa) and rarely lose the signal so you need to have the dish aligned better. I'm assuming there are no obstructions because i am also assuming it was professionally installed.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Three tuners for three TV's that all get used often isn't enough. I don't know if perhaps your credit only allowed that install or if you requested it. It's not what normally would be suggested by DISH.
Using Dish's online configurator, they do default to a Hopper 2 for people with "good" credit. (3) TVs and (3) tuners makes perfect sense. The reality is, people usually are not watching on all (3) at the same time.

That said, if one has "excellent" credit, Dish will provide a Hopper 3 for the exact same setup... :oldfrown

Using Dish's online configurator, they do default to a Hopper 2 for people with "good" credit. (3) TVs and (3) tuners makes perfect sense. The reality is, people usually are not watching on all (3) at the same time.

That said, if one has "excellent" credit, Dish will provide a Hopper 3 for the exact same setup... :oldfrown

I stand (sit) corrected.... I was probably thinking excellent credit but a large percentage probably fall under good.

Mine hardly ever goes out unless it's a really bad thunderstorm or heavy wet snow and my signal is usually between 50-58

Which arc? Aren't the signal levels different between EA and WA? We would need to know which kind of dish the OP has (unless he said it and I missed it, in which case please disregard)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)