gray screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAMES HYDE

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
when i turned on my tv i just got a brank gray screen with no errors or anythink just a brank gray screen when i resetted it it just started downloading software and it just hangs on 0% for 2 hours already! what can i do?

when i turned on my tv i just got a brank gray screen with no errors or anythink just a brank gray screen when i resetted it it just started downloading software and it just hangs on 0% for 2 hours already! what can i do?

Try pushing the reset and and on the herro wercome to direct tv screen, press srowry 0 2 4 6 8 and see if it wirr take a forced downroad.

If not, you may need a new receiver.

Try pushing the reset and and on the herro wercome to direct tv screen, press srowry 0 2 4 6 8 and see if it wirr take a forced downroad.

If not, you may need a new receiver.

it does not download it just stays at 0% for hours i had it doing this sence i ate dinner and its still doing it right now! what can i do?

i unpluged it all night and i pluged it back in when i got out of bed and it rebooted and now every thing is back to normal...........

i might do the CE tonight!

i unpluged it all night and i pluged it back in when i got out of bed and it rebooted and now every thing is back to normal...........

i might do the CE tonight!

More then likely, you just did not properly rest it.
I would let it go for now and see if it screws up again.
If it screws up again, then call D* and tell the CSR what happened.

The receiver is a computer and just like your PC, sometimes it doesn't boot up right.
Having it replaced, isn't always the answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.